• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

new CS:Source video

summary translation

For Valve, Counter-Strike: Source is only a further step in the developement of the already existing Counter-Strike. Therefore it's not conformable to say that it is a sequel of the original CS. At the very beginning after the release of Half-Life 2 and so also CS: S, there won't be any mentionable gameplay changes but in the subsequent way the developers are planing to release more and more only-source-engine-features and of course maps especially for the Source Engine. Those maps will be like ten times greater compared to the older ones, just as great as you wish to. Colossal outback areas are no problem anymore! They've already tought for a long time about creating big jungle maps, expanded forests and city maps which extend about miles.. (sounds stunning!) it's simply boundless for the developers. Partly its possible to ineract with the map given inventory to (as you folks can see on italy) move for example a table in order to build a barrier. But they do at the moment still checkout in which amount new environment objects can be insert in the game. Things will feel rather like dynamic content than none-changeable-pics. The shown version of Counter-Strike: Source will get over-worked in some points of a better texture quality. And CS:S will be released this summer as a free add-on to the allknown Half-Life 2.
 
Summer is getting closer to an end... they better hurry things up :D
 
the first real day of summer was June 21st. So its been summer for 7 days. Summer doesnt really end untill september 1st so that means summer isnt over for over 2 months still.
 
corrosive23 said:
the first real day of summer was June 21st. So its been summer for 7 days. Summer doesnt really end untill september 1st so that means summer isnt over for over 2 months still.

yeah. summer has just begun. but it ends on sept 22nd i believe. not the 1st.
 
Yes this video is a great find. I still think that many people that have dropped CS will return. Once they have tried the Updated version thay will be hooked. :eek:
 
The new engine looks very good. I still play the Counter-Strike and I will be looking forward to HL2's release along with this game. Is it me or does the characters look like they all have hump backs from 3rd person view?
 
Darn good question.

Will the system requirements be the same or different? Will HL1 have lower requirements than HL2. They are two totally different games even when using the same source :confused:
 
RagingGecko said:
Correct. It ends on either the 22nd or 21st depending on the year.


Im saying the first because of labor day in the us, thats when you know summers over....
 
on another good note, valve is finally shutting down WON for good at the end of summer so all the 1.5 fanboys that couldn't adapt will be forced use steam.
 
This will definitely make me take another look at CS. I started playing it when it was in its early 'beta' releases and thought it was the best thing ever, but got tired of it after about two years. The graphics became dated, the servers were rank with cheaters, and nothing new was added to the gameplay.

Now with the source engine, the graphics should definitely be better and the integration of the source engine physics should also make things interesting. Hopefully this new release will give the developers some incentive to add new content (new maps, weapons, etc).
 
Cheaters pushed me away from CS. If CS2 can be relatively cheat-free, I will definatly go back to it.
 
CS is still fun, but i only tend to play on my friends server with people i know, atleast there i know that people arent cheating. Well for the most part... But new CS = relatively cheat free for a while and the new physics look like the games gunna be really strategic (the guy pushing the table in front of the door). The only problem i could see with that is uber camping ability (put a table somewhere, when you hear it move you know someones coming and youre ready to take their head off). I would like to see some new guns too and maybe different grenades ect, ect, But then again if it aint broke dont fix it, we dont want another tactical shield on our hands.
 
I'd also like to see more movement options. Prone would be nice. The ability to LEAN around corners. They need to make it so that you can press and hold a button, and your mouse movement controls lean. So you could lean out just as far as you wanted. Things like this are a MUST if they want to compete with modern games.
 
Leaning in CS would be kinda pointless sometimes do to its speed... The gameplay is alot faster then Raven-Shield and other tactical shooters.
 
Id like to see lean because then i would get tons more HS on people trying to be sneaking at corners... :D
 
Jäger said:
on another good note, valve is finally shutting down WON for good at the end of summer so all the 1.5 fanboys that couldn't adapt will be forced use steam.


Where did you hear this :confused:
 
The lean feature may not be totally usable for PUB play, but for clan matches it would be VERY useful.
 
Wow, I can't wait for CS Source, since CS is currently the game I play most. :D
 
Robb@E.P.E said:
I'd also like to see more movement options. Prone would be nice. The ability to LEAN around corners. They need to make it so that you can press and hold a button, and your mouse movement controls lean. So you could lean out just as far as you wanted. Things like this are a MUST if they want to compete with modern games.


I don't think they need lean or prone... because thats not CS. You wan't those options go play Raven Shield. I hope the only difference between CS and CS:S are the graphics and physics.. I would like to see everything else remain the same. No new guns, no new stances, Bunny hopping needs to come back :D

If people want new guns, they should make a CS:CZ:S type of game. So people can go between different versions. I think people will always complain about newier versions of the game game. Some people want a lot of change, while others want it to stay the same. If you change the gameplay to much.. then it doesn't feel like CS and it feels like a rip-off CS version but lame.... ( I can't stand mods like WC3 mod and crap for CS... thats just not CS...)

I just hope what ever they do, they make it feel like CS. I've been playing CS since Beta 2.0 and still playing it religiously today.
 
about time, btw you could install 1.5 on steam and see if it works, some old mods still do
 
I think it's good taht it's a free mod instead of milking the franchise(remember cs retail anyone) btw: TFC:source better be good.
 
You should be more then fine to play Half-Life 2 and its mods. Here is what valve released on the system requirements. Also I have the leaked Alpha and on my machine I can crack it to full settings @1600x1200 without a hitch in frames so at lower settings you should be fine.

Minimum Specification:
Processor: 700MHz
32 MB Graphics
64MB RAM


Recommended Specification:
Processor 1GHz +
64 MB Graphics +
256 MB RAM +
Fast Hard Drive
 
S0m30n3 said:

IT'S IN BOLD ON THE MAIN PAGE

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=108847128259867300

there is ANOTHER link straight to it. and if that isn't enough for you, here's the direct quote:

"Additionally, work is under way to transition players from WON to Steam. WON authentication servers will be phased out by the end of summer. If you have not already done so, you can download Steam here."
 
I really didn't care for HL2's release but now that I've seen the CS Source videos, I'm anticipating HL2's release. Also, I'm going to be building a new gaming computer around it. :D My computer is like 3 - 4 years old anyways. :(
 
A welcome 'update' for sure. After playing games like Raven-Shield, etc. CS just seems to be missing something.
 
I used 1.6 when steam was very early beta, and I couldn't get it to work right and it pissed the dickens outta me so I didnt bother ever trying again. Until about a month ago, they have fixed it alot. Thats why I never upgraded, because I couldn't stand steam, but then again I was using the beta that was very hard to track down, my own fault for expecting perfection. I wonder if that is why some of the other 1.5 users never upgraded. But I cant wait for the new cs on the source engine, just amazing. Breathes new life into CS that is still a kickass game. Its addicting as shit, at least for me that is I can play it for so many hours on end and never get bored
 
I think the 1.5 users don't want to upgrade because of the CT's shield and also because of the slow delay getting into scope mode with the AWP. I play on both 1.5 and 1.6 (steam). I'm a newb so that slow delay with the scope helps me in a way lol. I really hate it when I get blasted by those pro's using the AWP. :mad:

Hope HL2 and CS Source hit the shelves soon. Hopefully this will make those "CS Haters" shut up about the horrible graphics CS has. I can understand people want eye candy games but I kinda get tired of people bashing CS because of the graphics. I'm all about the game play. No offense to anyone who hates CS though. :cool: Your entitled to your opinion on the game.
 
lil layzie said:
I think the 1.5 users don't want to upgrade because of the CT's shield and also because of the slow delay getting into scope mode with the AWP. I play on both 1.5 and 1.6 (steam). I'm a newb so that slow delay with the scope helps me in a way lol. I really hate it when I get blasted by those pro's using the AWP. :mad:

Hope HL2 and CS Source hit the shelves soon. Hopefully this will make those "CS Haters" shut up about the horrible graphics CS has. I can understand people want eye candy games but I kinda get tired of people bashing CS because of the graphics. I'm all about the game play. No offense to anyone who hates CS though. :cool: Your entitled to your opinion on the game.

BTW, they fixed the delay, to where its almost back to normal. Its no where close to the delay when they first nerfed it. As for the people that don't want to convert from 1.5 to 1.6... its not really because of the shield... more because they don't want to have to deal with Steam, or the lowered FPS. With 1.5 my comp got a constant 100 fps.. with 1.6, depending on the map and how many people/smoke grenades are going off, I can see as high as 30 fps. Shields arn't the problem, because I can find many "Pub" servers where the shields have been banned, you get kicked/slayed/banned for using one... and as for scriming, no one EVER uses them, because its not alloud by CAL. :rolleyes:
 
Wtf? They ban shields but not the awp? That is so stupid, The awp is way to powerful, doesn't take anything to use, the scout shows skill. Also um I'm not into CS, doh. Anyways why do people hate this game, it seems like anything that is successful is instantly crap. I think that is why most people hate it. It is pure simple fun, It is fast makes you have to be good or you do alot of watching, and the watching makes you more eager to be the one not watching. It is an amazing game just for the pure simplicity of it, but allows so much diversity in tactics used. And you are always going to hate the best, What biggest company do you know that doesn't get bashed. Microsoft, GM, etc They are on top and people don't like it. If linux and apple were on top you would be hearing use microsoft not enough people use it so no viruses. Everybody has got to hate the biggest. I love apple and linux dearly(gentoo :)), but its true we always hate the best and who is in the lead. IBM use to be hated b/c they were the biggest, not so much a big problem anymore. So yea I vote for CS, its to genius in its simplicity not to love, but I can see why we got the usual outlandish comments about it, its on top, the comments go hand in hand . I guess comes with the territory as a cheesy cliche would say.

Sorry for ranting.
 
|MaguS| said:
You should be more then fine to play Half-Life 2 and its mods. Here is what valve released on the system requirements. Also I have the leaked Alpha and on my machine I can crack it to full settings @1600x1200 without a hitch in frames so at lower settings you should be fine.

What they mean is:

Minimum Specification:
Processor: 700MHz
32 MB Graphics
64MB RAM
Playable but so choppy your gonna end up getting a headache possibly seizures maybe even death but our eula is gonna cover our ass.

Recommended Specification:
Processor 1GHz + 2ghz
64 MB Graphics + 192mb
256 MB RAM + 744mb

I just hope I can play it at 1024x768 no aa or af with decent framerates :(
Maybe I might start work this month and be able to buy it\upgrade my comp :(
 
Back
Top