New CS:S Update ...hmmm

How did the latest CS:S update go for you?

• Went without a hitch!

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Blew up my computer!

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Gooffy at first ..but ok now.

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • What update?

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters

ThreeDee

[H]F Junkie
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news

So ..how did the latest greatest update go for ya'll?

Initially I had some problems ..slide show type stuttering lag or it would just kick me back to desktop , closing down the game entirely ...

I started my own server and played against some bots for a minute or two ..then was able to join other servers just fine again and the in game lag seemed to be not as bad on my end as it was before the update ....hmnm

It killed the admin mod on our server, the new update sucks.

Ya we were running Mani. Luckily the people we rent from are on top of things and disabled everything. Now the wait for an update begins.

IcedEmotion said:
Ya we were running Mani. Luckily the people we rent from are on top of things and disabled everything. Now the wait for an update begins.

yeah, no more stats, now my 3.5 KDR is going to be lost
lookarou.gif

I played three hours of CS:S last night with no problems. Tonight after receiving the update I attempted to start up the game. It gets up to the "Loading" screen where you see the two CTs then the computer hangs. CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't function at this point and the only way to recover is to reset the computer. You guys are lucky you're able to play it at all.

In this thread over on the Steam forums there are a few others who have this same problem.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=340556&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Specs:
Athlon 64 3500+ (Winchester) @ 2.5GHz
BFG 6800GT
MSI K8N NEO2
Antec 480W (28A on 12V)
2x512MB OCZ EL

I thought maybe my overclock was going crapping out on me when I first fired up CS after update ....whew ... :)

A server that I normally go to kicked me initially too ..said to come back when ..I couldnt read all of it cause it didnt all fit in the kicked by console little box doo-dad

C/S wont even work for my friend. Definately something wrong about this patch. They are going to have to release a mini-patch to fix this one or something because i bet these cases r not rare at all.

Try going into your

Valve\Steam\SteamApps\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\counter-strike source\cstrike\downloads folder and deleting everything in it.

Also, in this patch, HDR is enabled by default. You may want to consider disabling it alltogether (one less thing to go wrong, I hope).

Doing this stopped the crashing for myself and a friend. YMMV.

The new update has vanquished my ability to play any games in steam, no HL2DM, no CS:S, not even HL2, they are all at 100% complete. Thank you valve/steam you never seem to out do yourself on every *update*. Have to find a different game to play now. WTF.

Well it is working fine on my machine, but when I was updated, tons of servers were screwey /offline. Hopefully all is well today.

I thought I was having a driver issue at first, so I uninstalled my cat 5.8's and tried the new ones.

Yeah....great idea, after that update I don't know what the hell valve did or how they did it, but I couldn't get my comp. to recognize a new driver for 2 hours after it. I know how to uninstall and install drivers so it's not a user error.

They seriously seriously fvcked something up......dimwits.

My fps is half of what is used to be now, I'm getting about 80 fps when I should be getting 130-150 fps.

I played cs:s for 3 hours last night and I tried to get on this morning but I cant even get to the splash screen. Usualy when I run cs:s my screen will blink and I will see my desktop at the resolution of cs:s then Ill see the splash screen. All it does now is blink and change to cs:s rez then blink again to normal desktop rez and cs:s app closes. Thumbs down to valve!!

seems to be running ok now for me anyways ..but I did run into super duper slide show lag that lasted only a round and a half or so ..yet my ping was normal ..this was after a reboot and restarting the game , like all the textures had to load or something ... :rolleyes:

I dont really have a single problem with running the game.

The only problem I do have is the server browser. None of the servers show as secure. Never the less im not complaining.

It runs the game and thats all I care for. I wont make a fuss over not being able to determine which servers are secure and which arent. Everything else is perfect. This is the very first problem I have ever had with STEAM though.

I really hate it when people start compainling Valve sucks and when I go into the game I listen to it even more. Even the STEAM/gabe sucks sprays are really starting to get irritating.

Although I feel sorry for the people that are having major problems.

Maybe I'm just not sensitive to HDR, but I didn't notice it at all. Did they implement it in all the maps, or just select ones?

The HDR will only be implemented in new maps. Current maps do not have any coding for HDR.
The new patch has majorly messed up my CS:S. I get horrible FPS and after 30-45 minutes of play the game freezes, the last sound that i hear loops over and over and then my computer suddenly reboots. Yeaaa....NICE PATCH! Reminds me of EA screwin the pooch with their patch for BF2.

This patch seems to kill my wireless connection after a few minutes of playing. No idea how or why, never experienced anything like this before.

Back