New Creative X-fi driver v 2.09.0000 beta??????

Geronimo

[H]ard|Gawd
What is new or and corrected with these??

Here a pack of drivers version the 2.09.0000 drivers version 5.12.5.1180 for the X-Fi Series in version beta but limited (at the end of May 2006) New version of "Audio Console".

No information on the improvements or corrections made. Here some information of the package:
Date: 17/01/2006

Version: Pack version 2.09.0000 beta (drivers 5.12.5.1180)

WHQL: not

Official: yes

41.6MB

http://files.creative.com/Drivers/AVP/9363/0xFBAAD8C4/SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_09_0000.exe

All I know about CL drivers is the second set released messed up my headphone mode autoswitching and broke 7.1 (mixed the two side speakers as one)

I'd be careful about using them unless you just want to uninstall and reinstall all you x-fi stuff later on, which is what I had to do.

I installed them last night, downloaded from Guru3d.com. So far no issues, it does reset a lot of your configurations. However, I cant tell a difference between old and new.

According to CL Cathrina, if all goes well a new set of official drivers due by end of March. Unless you just gotta try em I'd really recommend waiting on the released set.

No final 2.09 releases yet....anybody see any benefits with the betas?

serbiaNem said:
I don't think I'm gonna risk this unless someone sees an advantage using them?

If you're not having any problems I would highly recommend not upgrading. I made the mistake once, and it toasted my Remote Control settings and I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to fix it. Eventually I just went back and reinstalled all of the original drivers from the X-Fi installation CD.

Best Case Scenario (If you upgrade): Nothing Changes.

Worst Case: The update breaks all of your settings and random things stop working.

Granted, the first is much more likely but unless someone can name a benefit of upgrading I don't see any reason to.

Back