• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New CPU/Mobo for $100?

MuZI

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
344
I'm looking for a CPU/Mobo combo in the $100 region (DDR2). I have a Fry's Electronics 1 hour away but no Microcenter. What should I go for?

Upgrading from a E4300.
 
Well unfortunately it's too late to ask about Fry's deals now considering that they're usually out of CPU + mobo deals every Sunday or so.

Anyway, this it the cheapest but still decent quality mobo + CPU combo I could find that supported DDR2 RAM on newegg:
$113 - AMD Athlon II X2 245 + Asus M4A785-M AM2+ AMD 785G mATX Motherboard.
 
Back
Top