• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Coolmaster ATCS case, the 840

That looks like a really nice case, I could justify paying that much for it. It looks like it has everything everyone wants in a case, and a beautiful design!
 
id buy it if it was 180.... but not 280.... thats stepping into the territory of the beast lian-li / silverstone cases, and id pick one of them over this.
 
id buy it if it was 180.... but not 280.... thats stepping into the territory of the beast lian-li / silverstone cases, and id pick one of them over this.

care to explain why? I can see this as being better/better looking than some of the lian-li's out there that are around this MSRP. The lian-li i was considering was the armorsuit Pc80, and I might just pick this over that...
 
Now this might be my next case. It looks very slick. Time to start saving my pennies ;)
 
care to explain why? I can see this as being better/better looking than some of the lian-li's out there that are around this MSRP. The lian-li i was considering was the armorsuit Pc80, and I might just pick this over that...

I'll explain this for you:

Fanboyism.
 
I'll explain this for you:

Fanboyism.


Taste?

Can't speak for everyone with the same opinion as me, but I sure don't like the big 'shield' in front of the fans, the secret pop up cover on top, not a fan of the large roud edges - I'd prefer something a little sharper... and I'd like to see better pics of the mesh over top fans before I make a decision on that. Some people just prefer the plain, simple look of many Lian Li cases.
 
A $300 minifridge.

Looks like all the other aluminum offerings from the past five years.
 
Nice looking case, I hope it goes through the series of great rebates that the 690 went through. It's well over my budget for a case but it absolutely looks like one of the better cases ive seen come out of Coolermaster
 
No way should it use those flimsy plastic trays for the hard drives, on the $160 HAF I'll except that, not on a $280 case.
 
That CM case is nice enough and it has some good features, but nothing that can't be found on other cases. For that price range I think I would go with something like this.
Lian Li cases are just machined with that certain degree of perfection that I appreciate.

I agree with ND40oz... there's should be some type of aluminum mechanism or nothing at all.
Lian Li came up with a neat little tool less method of securing the side panels on their V series cases... I know something can be done to secure drives that is not plastic.
 
Back
Top