1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Mostly gaming, limited media.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Roughly $500
3) Where do you live?
Boston suburbs, so there is a Micro Center close by.
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
CPU, Motherboard, RAM, Video Card, Hard Drive, Power supply, Case
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
None, old computer was a old laptop that is on the brink of dieing.
6) Will you be overclocking?
No plans to
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
19" is the plan
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
ASAP
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
To be honest I'm not sure what most of those are, this will be my first foray into computer hardware.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
64bit Windows 7
At the moment I am planning on getting the computer described in this article:
http://www.hardware-revolution.com/500-gaming-computer-2/
However I found out that there is a Micro Center close to where I live so was wondering if there was a comparable build using MC parts. I attempted to find the parts listed on the site at MC but could not find matches to most of them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mostly gaming, limited media.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Roughly $500
3) Where do you live?
Boston suburbs, so there is a Micro Center close by.
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
CPU, Motherboard, RAM, Video Card, Hard Drive, Power supply, Case
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
None, old computer was a old laptop that is on the brink of dieing.
6) Will you be overclocking?
No plans to
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
19" is the plan
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
ASAP
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
To be honest I'm not sure what most of those are, this will be my first foray into computer hardware.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
64bit Windows 7
At the moment I am planning on getting the computer described in this article:
http://www.hardware-revolution.com/500-gaming-computer-2/
However I found out that there is a Micro Center close to where I live so was wondering if there was a comparable build using MC parts. I attempted to find the parts listed on the site at MC but could not find matches to most of them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.