New Computer Problems Just Won't End! (Vista 64)

Vezra

Limp Gawd
As some of you have probably seen in other parts of this forum I just had a new system put together by AVA Direct and it's just been problem after problem. Now don't get me wrong i'm not putting the blame on AVA because I think it has mostly to do with Vista 64 Home Premium Edition. I'm to the point now of just pulling Vista off and going back to XP because I just spent nearly $3,000 on a new system that has done nothing but cause me stress. (End Rant)

Anyway the problem I am having now is that when I boot up the system and I get to the desktop I get a BSOD in about 15 seconds. The error i'm getting says: nv834x64.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I thought it might have something to do with my nvida drivers so I went into safe mode and uninstalled them and it did nothing, i'm still getting this same BSOD about 15 seconds after I get to the desktop. Does anyone know what I might check?

System Specs:

Video: EVGA 8800GTX
CPU: Intel E6850
Soundcard: Creative X-fi xtremegamer
Ram: 4GB Corsair 800MHZ PC-6400C4
Mobo: Asus P5K (Non deluxe)

What motherboard is it? If it's an nVidia motherboard, then it could be the drivers for it. I would go into safe mode and see if there are any chipset drivers to uninstall. Uninstall them and then try to boot. If it works, then you know what the problem is. You could probably use the default Windows drivers if this is the case.

Whoops forgot to add the mobo. I edited the OP anyway it's an Asus P5K mobo. It's just the regular version, non deluxe.

Pull one stick of memory out, switch slots, and then try the other. You may want to run Memtest overnight as well...

Your lucky enough to be the only hit on Google listed for that error.

Live Search came up empty also.

Why do you suggest this? This seems the cure for all computer ills I see on forums these days and possibly the cure for cancer also

Is it 4x1 GB of memory? If so - the Asus P35-based boards have had some issues with using all 4 memory slots, specifically with the second set. Not to say they don't work, but it can be a bit of a hassle to get things tweaked and stable (it took me a while to get things to work out well running 4x1 - I finally gave up and went to a different motherboard). Try running 2x1 and see if that lets you boot.

Yes it is 4x1 GB of Ram. I guess I will try that after I get home from work this evening. I'm thinking too that alot of my problems are coming from Vista64 also. I'm seriously thinking about going back to XP and waiting until next year when the first service pack comes out for Vista and then try it again but right now there is just way to many issues.

Hi, I was just trawling through here after a search for something else, and I came across your post. Not sure if you've solved your problem by now, but I just had some issues with some Corsair memory on my P5K. After some research, I came across a Corsair rep saying that the memory is validated at 2.0v despite the SPD telling your board to run at 1.8v. I goosed mine and it's been fine since (although overriding the auto settings for voltage in the BIOS has now brought on that annoying P35 cold double-boot...) He also said that generally mobos are unable to handle 4 banks filled running at PC800, and the recommended fix is dropping back down to PC667, which sucks but appears to be a valid fix. Check out www.asktheramguy.com, that's where I read it. Anyway, hope you've figured it out already and this post was wasted!

Back