New computer awfully loud

chx

Gawd
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
698
I have an i3-2120, a SilverStone NT-06 and a Galaxy MDT 560 in a Sugo SG02 with a Seasonic S12II 520 Bronze PSU. There's no CPU fan. The only drive in the system is a 60GB SSD. I expected this to be whisper quiet. It's really, really loud. I installed the relevant Galaxy software, watched the GPU fan drop to 25% , nothing. I doubt it does, if anything at all. The GPU temp is reported as 30C. The noise is a whooshing characteristic, it definitely sounds like a wildly spinning fan. I am 99% sure it comes from the GPU. Gainward experttool reports the same 25% and cranking the fan speed has zero effect.
 
Last edited:
Are you sure it's not the 80mm fan in that case?

With that said, that case was never known to be a quiet case even with the right components.
 
Why not open it up and stop the fans one at a time and see which one is causing the noise? Unplug the case fan, if that doesn't stop it it must be the GPU or vice versa.
 
Back
Top