New CCC 9.11 beta build

Didn't these come out about 2 weeks ago?
 
yeah, that what I thought too (more like 3 or more) but NGOHQ is pretty good at keeping up to date so I'm thinking this may be a newer build of the 9.11 drivers
 
They worked fine for me for the most part. My Vantage scores remained static. I had some texture problems with borderlands, these drivers made every interior structure in the game one solid color.

I uninstalled and jumped to 9.10 and all was well in borderlands. Unless you need to use ATi Stream I would recommend using the 9.10's and waiting for the official 9.11's.
 
I started using these over the weekend and I know that my desktop issues with explorer crashing and icons disappearing have been much milder.
 
used 9.11 beta since they was dropped, and has worked fine for me.
 
I have been using the official beta 9.11s from AMD web site for a few weeks with HD5850 and HD5770 and they work well.
 
If everyone religiously:
Safe mode
Driver Sweeper
Fresh install of video drivers
Probably 70% less problems

What ya think?
 
Last edited:
If everyone religiously:
Safe mode
Driver Sweeper
Fresh install of video drivers
Probably 70% less problems

What ya think?

Perhaps. But that's a ridiculous process to have to go through. A perfect example of one of the reasons game developers are focusing so heavily on consoles instead of PC's nowadays, unfortunately.
 
Last edited:
If everyone religiously:
Safe mode
Driver Sweeper
Fresh install of video drivers
Probably 70% less problems

What ya think?

I've been skipping mass for a looong time then. I just swap them, and start from there. Typically just uninstall the old ones, install the new ones.

XP has major issues with this.
Vista doesn't
7 doesn't.
 
If everyone religiously:
Safe mode
Driver Sweeper
Fresh install of video drivers
Probably 70% less problems

What ya think?

I think it's completely unnecessary. Coincidentally, Terry Makedon does too.
 
In the case of ATI's drivers, I've had issues uninstalling them in Win 7. The uninstall program tended to just hang or worse, I'd uninstall them only find find nothing was gone.
DriverSweeper was the only way to truly get rid of them...but I didn't see any difference from killing them off completely and just installing a new set on top of an older set, too.

Back on the topic of the new 9.11 build, I've really seen a major increase in desktop stability with these. I used to get those "Windows Explorer has stopped working" errors contantly, and usually 4-5 times in a row. Since I installed these I've only seen it once and it was instantly fixed.
Plus, I'm also no longer seeing unusual gamma fluctuation between resolutions. On my TV, 1080p always came in much brighter and with higher contrast than 720p. Now all of my resolutions seem to be much closer in terms of visual settings.
 
Is it too much to ask ATI for a 5800 series Win 7 driver that doesn't blue screen while watching full screen video, or crash windows explorer?

I mean for f***s sake come on, how long was Win 7 in beta? They should have had this stuff ironed out awhile ago.
 
Is it too much to ask ATI for a 5800 series Win 7 driver that doesn't blue screen while watching full screen video, or crash windows explorer?

I mean for f***s sake come on, how long was Win 7 in beta? They should have had this stuff ironed out awhile ago.

How about a driver that will not flicker on the second screen on extended desktop with a 5870, isn't this 2009 almost 2010! Sent my Sapphire HD5870 Vapor-X back for refund, tried this beta and it was worse the 9.10 drivers...back to my old 8800gts (G92) which just works!
 
If everyone religiously:
Safe mode
Driver Sweeper
Fresh install of video drivers
Probably 70% less problems

What ya think?

ATI recommends you download the latest driver on top of your current now since couple of months ago.
 
Is it too much to ask ATI for a 5800 series Win 7 driver that doesn't blue screen while watching full screen video, or crash windows explorer?

I mean for f***s sake come on, how long was Win 7 in beta? They should have had this stuff ironed out awhile ago.

I've not had that problem. Running Win 7 Ultimate x64 with a 5850 and 9.10. Just watched a couple hours of videos in full screen with no problems
 
Not really an issue for Windows 7. I just run the setup, I don't even bother uninstalling the current drivers. It upgrades without issue. Been running the beta 9.11s for a while now and seem fine.
 
Have someone already found Catalyst 8.663.1 (9.12 beta) drivers. If so, please be kind and give us a link.
 
Is it too much to ask ATI for a 5800 series Win 7 driver that doesn't blue screen while watching full screen video, or crash windows explorer?

It's in the board. Gigabyte fixed it in 30/10/2009 - 09/11/2009 BIOS releases for most P55 boards and there was fixes for other boards too. Request the fix from EVGA.

Edit: What a surprise, EVGA Support page, BIOS download, 9th November 2009 :
Bios Version : S61H
BIOS Date : 11/09/2009
 
I've been skipping mass for a looong time then. I just swap them, and start from there. Typically just uninstall the old ones, install the new ones.

XP has major issues with this.
Vista doesn't
7 doesn't.

Is mass some kind of religious activity, or do you debate? ;)

I haven't really experienced any problems not running driver sweeper in the past, but it makes me feel better.

Someone should compile some code with a frontend that you could select new drivers and it automatically uninstalled, rebooted, cleaned and then installed - would probably help all the people unsure or not confident in doing the steps manually.
 
I find the 9.10 better for me, in crysis with the 9.11 my lcd runs at 24hz
 
It's in the board. Gigabyte fixed it in 30/10/2009 - 09/11/2009 BIOS releases for most P55 boards and there was fixes for other boards too. Request the fix from EVGA.

Edit: What a surprise, EVGA Support page, BIOS download, 9th November 2009 :
Bios Version : S61H
BIOS Date : 11/09/2009

If you look at the release notes, the only fix in the new BIOS from EVGA is support for partitions over 2TB.

I highly doubt it's the motherboard causing these problems for us.
 
How about a driver that will not flicker on the second screen on extended desktop with a 5870, isn't this 2009 almost 2010! Sent my Sapphire HD5870 Vapor-X back for refund, tried this beta and it was worse the 9.10 drivers...back to my old 8800gts (G92) which just works!

Just send it back to me!! :D I'm willing to sacrifice myself using the buggy card :D
 
It is. I had computer lockup with Full HD video too - solved with motherboard BIOS update. You don't need to believe me - but i'm not the first one suggesting it to you, yet you silently ignored those suggestions :
http://www.hardforums.com/showpost.php?p=1034843086&postcount=3
http://www.hardforums.com/showpost.php?p=1034858768&postcount=28

From elsewhere :
http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=260&threadid=120766&enterthread=y&STARTPAGE=9

I updated to the latest BIOS and it didn't solve it. So you were wrong sir :) One size/fix does not fit all.
 
Well, then call EVGA and request them to have this solved, and if they don't know how then say them "Ask Gigabyte". The big cursor bug, UVD bug and others are most probably due some weird incompatibility between motherboards and the graphical card - the fact that your motherboard manufacturer didn't solved it yet is unfortunate, but as you can see from examples elsewhere it works.
 
If you had read my post you would have seen I wasn't having any of the gigabyte problems :)
 
You wrote "Is it too much to ask ATI for a 5800 series Win 7 driver that doesn't blue screen while watching full screen video". This was exactly what was happening to me and it is not happening since BIOS update.
 
Back
Top