New catalyst driver out

Same - At this point I think it's safe to say don't expect a new driver until the new cards launch.

I was a bit dissapointed to see nothing new myself,
Omega (14.12) 12/9/2014

I mean, I'll happily be wrong, but if they're going to do quarterly updates, it wouldn't make sense for them to do a driver update, then another special driver update for the new cards, and not have a regular driver for them available until summer.

seriously considering not going with a dual gpu setup for my next build.

seriously considering not going with a dual gpu setup for my next build.

Oddly enough I just saw a thing on Microsoft and how DX12 was going to support multiple GPUs from different venders. So your onboard Intel GPU and your AMD and NVidia cards could all be given tasks and even work on the same frame. Believe it when I see it but still. I’ve always wanted multiple GPUs to be completely transparent to the games like RAID or something. This may be one small step closer.

It has been talked of since Mantles release. Having the igpu run physics and the dGPU render the frame.

It would, but it would still be better than running everything just on the dGPU.

It has been talked of since Mantles release. Having the igpu run physics and the dGPU render the frame.

It sounded a little more than just that and I totally missed AMD saying it was going to let any make/model GPU be assigned tasks like physics to one GPU and or all GPUs share a single frames workload. Seems fair enough as my 290x cards no longer have an SLI cable, maybe this could happen. But maybe it will end up like my Crossfire setup and I’ll continually pick games that can’t use it because the Dev did X wrong and AMD did Z wrong and no one ever said it would like, you know, work. :)

Hello everyone,

I'm about to post an update regarding our new driver, it will be a Beta, version number: 15.2 (and it's coming soon) ;-)

Hello everyone,

I'm about to post an update regarding our new driver, it will be a Beta, version number: 15.2 (and it's coming soon) ;-)

Tap..tap...tap....tap..... waiting patiently..... tap

Back