New camera buying help ... Version: Ultra Compact

OK im looking for a nice, small point and shoot camera for $300 or under. Something really skinny like the Sony T series or the Cool pix S series. If you guys have any input on ultra compact cameras like these, i would greatly appreciate some.

thanks for the replys guys, but i was looking for something thinner and smaller than the fuji ones and it seems everyone and thier mom, including my own, has that cannon one, or the model before it... any others, like im looking for something skinny/sleek/small any info on the fujifilm, sony or nikon ones?

The Canon is pretty much the same size as the Nikon or the Sony, I'd go for either the 450 or the 400.

ok i made a list of possible candidates, let me know what you guys think....
Casio Exilim EX-S600
Fujifilm Finepix V10 ZOOM
Fujifilm Finepix Z2
Nikon Coolpix S3
Sony T5/T7

monster.under.thebed said:
ok i made a list of possible candidates, let me know what you guys think....
Casio Exilim EX-S600
Fujifilm Finepix V10 ZOOM
Fujifilm Finepix Z2
Nikon Coolpix S3
Sony T5/T7
My cousin has a Casio Exlim. He keeps it in an Altoids box for his case. Also he loves it.

Joves said:
My cousin has a Casio Exlim. He keeps it in an Altoids box for his case. Also he loves it.

OMG I HAVE AN ALTOIDS BOX!!!! lol i love them i kind of collect them :rolleyes:

but yes, the exlim looks very cool and "sleek" but i dont know which one is better, i dont want a piece of junk that looks cool that will break easily

I own a Fuji F11 -- the Natural Light mode on this camera is unbelievable!

My vote is for the V10 or Z2.

I just bought a Sony T9, $340 shipped from Dell. The thing is as big as a pack of cards. Incredibly small and convienient to carry every day. I am still learning all the options, but on the plus side is 58mb of internal memory. In my opinion nothing else compares to the camera in terms of style. The image stabilizer is also an added feature I love, I can be wobbilying all over the place when I take a shot but the picture still turns out smooth. Also, many review sites complain of red eye with the ultra compacts but Sony included a red-eye reduction feature on this camera that works perfectly. Red eye was troublesome for my old camera at night, but so far I have yet to take a picture during any time of the day that shows significant red-eye. I can send you some sample pictures if you like, I promise I will be clothed.

Back