New Build

Aus10

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello everyone,

I am planning on building a new computer. I built one a few years ago but I am currently out of the loop. My old system had a I7 920, WD Black 1tb drive etc etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Heavy Gaming, Internet, Possibly CAD programs, Possibly Video/Audio Editing
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
My budget is $1,500 including tax and shipping
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Indianapolis, Indiana. United States
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Motherboard, CPU, CPU cooler, RAM, SSD, HDD, GPU, PSU.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
I have already ordered a Corsair 600T. It will be brand new. Logitech G510, Logtiech mouse, Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 system. Acer H243H, Acer H213H
6) Will you be overclocking?
Most Likely
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
Currently 1920X1080P but I will be considering upgrading to a 27'' higher res monitor.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
2-3 months
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
SLI, USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

I am currently looking at this system.

https://pchound.com/56hd6m/

Any advice or considerations?

I am generally a Corsair/Asus/EVGA fan.

Thanks guys.

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
2-3 months

You're planning a bit too soon there. The computer hardware market is pretty volatile both in terms of pricing and availability so what's a good deal one day may be a really bad deal the next. There have been times where we've had to completely change our hardware recommendations after just three days.

Unless you're going to be completely 100% up-to-date on computer hardware availability and pricing for the next three months, your best bet for an up-to-date build is to plan 1-3 weeks in advance and then buy.

With that said, if you were buying that PC today, the mobo, PSU, and HDD aren't great choices.

What would you recommend as replacement for the PSU, Mobo, and HDD? I spaced that HDD, I put that in as a filler. I was going to get another WD black drive..

What would you recommend as replacement for the PSU, Mobo, and HDD?
Whatever the best deals are in 2-3 months. No, we can't predict what parts will get a deal.

I spaced that HDD, I put that in as a filler. I was going to get another WD black drive..
I generally don't recommend WD Black drives nowadays considering the advent of SSDs and the fact that one should be aiming for a multi-platform backup setup rather than one slightly more reliable hard drive.

IMHO WD Black is still a good choice for HDD. Reasonably reliable, fast, higher priced. HGST is another option, or Seagate. All drives fail, so you of course need a backup.

Overall it looks like a fairly generic system that will do most things pretty well.

Back