New Build

DEF Hater

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 19, 2009
Messages
133
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc

I will be using it mainly for gaming and movie watching.

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?

I'm trying to stay as close to $600 as possible with tax and shipping.

3) Where do you live?

I live in St. Louis, MO.

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.

I need the Mobo, Ram, and CPU.

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.

2X 640gb WD Blacks
2X GTX 260
Corsair 850HX
Lancool K62 case
DVD drive

6) Will you be overclocking?

Yes.

7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?

I currently have a 1680 x 1050 but will be moving up to 1920x1080 soon.

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?

This week.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.

Would like Raid 0 and SLI.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?

Yes, I have Windows 7 Pro 64bit.



Here is what I am thinking:
239.99 ASUS P6X58D-E
174.99 G. Skill Pi series 6GB
199.99 I7 930 from Micro Center

Any feedback would be appreciated.
 
Well the reason I am going with that RAM is because the color scheme matches everything in my case. I have heard the Gigabyte board isn't as good as an overclocker and isn't true usb 3.0 and sata3.
 
I think the combo you have is a respectable choice since you want a certain color scheme. Have you thought about aftermarket cooling? Probably may want to look into it.
 
I have heard many opinions from many people. I guess everyone has a brand they prefer and a brand they hate. I am only trying to go for a mild overclock, nothing extreme.

I didn't include a heatsink because I haven't decided yet, I'm leaning towards the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ but haven't ruled out the h50 yet.
 
Some one told me that the UD3R uses PCI lanes for the USB 3.0 and Sata3 whereas
the Asus doesn't.
 
Some one told me that the UD3R uses PCI lanes for the USB 3.0 and Sata3 whereas
the Asus doesn't.

Oh that. Well the Asus uses PLX chips which has issues just like the UD3R. So in that sense, that Asus mobo does not have true SATA 6Gb/s or USB 3.0. Then again, that can be said of any P55 or X58 motherboard.
 
Oh that. Well the Asus uses PLX chips which has issues just like the UD3R. So in that sense, that Asus mobo does not have true SATA 6Gb/s or USB 3.0. Then again, that can be said of any P55 or X58 motherboard.

In fact, there will be no Intel chipset with native support of either SATA 6 Gbps or USB 3.0 until 2012 at the earliest. This means that the H55, P55, H57 and X58 chipsets will remain unchanged for the next two years (and will also remain very much in production for the foreseeable future).

AMD's newest chipsets have native support of SATA 6 Gbps. But as with Intel, there's still no native support for USB 3.0.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top