New build wont POST/No Video

HelioX

Gawd
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
705
Hi,

I am using the following components:

LIAN LI PC-V351B
MSI 890GXM-G65 AM3
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB - Tried swapping known working memory in, same issue on all mobo slots.
XFX HD-567X-ZNF3 Radeon HD 5670 1GB
CORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series CWCH50-1
Intel X25-V SSDSA2MP040G2R5 2.5" 40GB SATA II MLC
CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-520HX 520W ATX12V v2.2

The system will not POST. I do have the motherboard speaker but cannot figure out where it goes to listen to error beeps. The mobo has 4 blue leds on, which is good. The system will power on, all fans spin, h50 pump is going, I can feel movement in the lines, gpu fan is spinning like it should.

24pin power connected
4pin power connected - possible I am using incorrect 4pin? It's the one attached to the bundle on my hx520.
3 SATA cables
3 SATA power cables
1 4 pin molex connector for NZXT sentry fan controller, powering x2 120mm fans and stock 80mm fan. Fan controller works, can adjust fans up and down.
H50 pump in cpu/pvm fan spot. 2nd fan header is dead, reads as sysfan1 kinda by the memory modules I think.


I have tried the system with a different memory kit which was pulled from a working system and had the same issue on all 4 slots. I have removed the 5670 and tried onboard DVI, same issue....power on, no post/video.

I have also reset the BIOS jumper from 1-2 to 2-3 and then back to 1-2, same issue. I have not removed the CMOS battery yet.

The system will stay powered on until I press the power button for 5 seconds. Any ideas what the issue is?


Thanks [Hard]!
 
Follow the steps in the stickied "Basic Troubleshooting Guide" on what to do when the PC does not POST.
 
Read through that before posting and was unable to resolve my issue, so I posted as detail a description as I could.

I'm tempted to try out a different mobo, as I'm not sure this oneis OK.
 
Read through that before posting and was unable to resolve my issue, so I posted as detail a description as I could.

You didn't mention at all doing a bare bones bench test.
 
Have you tried one stick at a time? I had a mobo that only on its first boot would it work with only one stick after that I could have two sticks in and it would boot fine. Also could be bad mobo, but you need to tell us the testing you have done.
 
its possible its the board.. do you by chance have an extra graphics card you can throw into it and see if it boots up.. to completely rule out everything id swap as much as you can.. psu, gpu.. disconnect all the hdd's..

as far as the system speaker goes read the manual it will tell you exactly where it plugs into on the board..
 
If its the board then its more then likely an installation error. HelioX just bought the board, CPU , PSU & Ram from me (also a scythe Big Shuriken cooler & a Cheap mATX Case). The whole kit was in use literally until I tore it down for shipping. & It was shipped with the Mobo, & all components still in the case. so they were never even uninstalled here before I shipped (& Was tested after I removed the other components from the system that did not go using the onboard video). It was packaged VERY well & Insurred though so if something did happen in shipping then the Post Office should be handling it. However it may now be hard to prove damage since its been completely torn down from a working state & reassembled (& I already asked he did not test it before tearing everything apart).

@HelioX when you reset the CMOS Jumper did you have the power still plugged in to the system? If that doesn't help try removing the mobo from the case all together & have it sitting on the table (as long as its not a metal table) & see if that works in-case there is something grounded out.
 
Back
Top