• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New build/Win7 install acting up

gmreplay

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 27, 2010
Messages
92
I just built a Sandy Bridge machine (Asus P8P67 Pro, 2600k, GSKILL Ripjaw, AMD 6950, along with an old 1tb WD drive and Corsair 650w PSU) and installed Windows 7 fresh.

My mouse (Logitech G9) is on and usable (in bios and during boot) right up to the moment when Windows 7 boots. It was also unusable during the Win7 installation process. If I disconnect and reconnect it the lights flash one time, and the mouse again turns off.

My internet setup, a cable modem running through a Linksys modem, is also not recognized and I have no internet access. This is very strange since except for the hardware everything about my internet setup is exactly the same as it was when I installed Win7 fresh last week, whereupon I had no such problems.

Any ideas? I really want to get my new system up and running!
 
Tried installed the actual drivers for that mouse?

As for the LAN issue, manually install the NIC drivers for that motherboard.
 
Tried installed the actual drivers for that mouse?

As for the LAN issue, manually install the NIC drivers for that motherboard.

Yeah I moved over the Logitech drivers and installed them. While it didn't give me any error about not recognizing the device, the mouse still doesn't work.

As to the NIC drivers, I'm not entirely familiar with that. What am I looking for?

Thanks for the reply!
 
Network card drivers, either from the CD that came with it, or the ASUS website.
 
Solved! The mouse began working on my next boot up. Apparently the Logitech software needed a reboot and didn't mention it to me.

I was also able to get the internet working by installing the Intel LAN driver off of the motherboard drivers disk. I'm confused as to why this was necessary, since I've never had any such problems when using my last Asus board. In any case I'm very pleased to get the system up and running. Thanks for the help everyone!
 
Solved! The mouse began working on my next boot up. Apparently the Logitech software needed a reboot and didn't mention it to me.

I was also able to get the internet working by installing the Intel LAN driver off of the motherboard drivers disk. I'm confused as to why this was necessary, since I've never had any such problems when using my last Asus board. In any case I'm very pleased to get the system up and running. Thanks for the help everyone!

Sandy Bridge is brand new so Win7 wont have built in drivers for it and since its your network driver that is missing it can't very well look online for a suitable driver.
 
Back
Top