New Build Went South-GA-EP45T-UD3LR

icenum

n00b
:eek:The Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR I got it to load once after talking to polite fellow at Gigabyte USA. But afterwards it started to blue screen and shut off and reboot. I started to reload windows, now it goes into Bios and then black screen-nothing.
Intel E7500 Duo CPU-Retail
Rosewill 650 Watt PSU
DDR-3 memory right memory tech asked-2 x2=4 Ram-Super Talent-W1333ub2G9-Black HS-CL9
Seagate 7200 rpm Sata
Nvidia 9500 GT-EVGA-PCIe 2
OS-XP Home-Retail-SP2 version
NIb Burner Plextor
Floppy
Mouse MS Optical Keyboard Logitech
I can not get it to point to reload =^(
Was very stable few minute then memory dump-Been trying 2 days no luck-everything new even ThermalTake All aluminum

Took board out no shorts etc
Tried 3 NIB Satas
Tried NIB PSU

Last edited:
:eek:The Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR I got it to load once after talking to polite fellow at Gigabyte USA. But afterwards it started to blue screen and shut off and reboot. I started to reload windows, now it goes into Bios and then black screen-nothing.
Intel E7500 Duo CPU-Retail
Rosewill 650 Watt PSU
DDR-3 memory right memory tech asked-2 x2=4 Ram-Super Talent-W1333ub2G9-Black HS-CL9
Seagate 7200 rpm Sata
Nvidia 9500 GT-EVGA-PCIe 2
OS-XP Home-Retail
NIb Burner Plextor
Floppy
Mouse MS Optical Keyboard Logitech
I can not get it to point to reload =^(
Was very stable few minute then memory dump-Been trying 2 days no luck-everything new even ThermalTake All aluminum

Took board out no shorts etc
Tried 3 NIB Satas
Tried NIB PSU

Wondering if this might work-Too large to go on Floppy
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...68-6e4f-471c-b455-bd5afee126d8&displaylang=en

Guess it time for Mac to come out of storage =^(

Last edited:
Does the memory pass memtest? What does your bios say the voltages are for the PSU?

Can not get it to post-Bios then black screen. When it comes up press any key to boot from Cd (retail XP) it tries to go to hard drive. I have CD Rom 1st-tried disabling 2-3 being HD-Floppy. Still goes to black screen. Finally got it to reognize CD..in Bios bout it. Memory I tried 1 stick-2 stick Dual in colored coded slots Blue-White matching. Removed CPU seems ok-went back Artic Silver.

I read somewere that this might work.
Setting XMP to disabled-memory to 7-7-7 20
Could be memory with F5 Bios-I think they have a later bios that works with memory compat. Try in bit..Hope not corrupted!
F7 Bios
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_DownloadFile.aspx?FileType=BIOS&FileID=15458
Update
MS-USB-keyboard-Optical mouse
" W1333UB2G9 2 GB 1333 Mhz PC3-10600 256M x 64 128M x 8 9 N N 1.5V "
Mfr Part Number: W1333UB2G8
Type: DDR3
Capacity: 2 GB
Speed: PC10600 1333MHz
Size & Bit: 128M x 8
Pins: 240pin
ECC: No
Heat Sink: Yes
CL 8-8-8-18

Memory specs

Tried
Removing mobo isolated-checking for shorts-Non stand-offs in wrong place-marked from top-checked

Removed Floppy-Burner-componets 1 by 1 still no boot.

XP on new drive Booted lasted 5 seconds BSOdeath and reboot no time to read error code.

At first would not recognize burner-Tried 3 NIB burners jumpered all 3 positions-M-S-A-See drive now

CPU-HS-Removed checking with magnifying glass non overheated-no CPU cracks-put back with Artic Silver

Ran house fan on mobo-checking overheating mobo--No go

Tried memory Voltage-1.6V-Set memory timing 7-7-7-20 no go

What happened to simplicity...=^(

Last edited:
What are your SATA ports set as? With WinXP, try IDE mode instead of RAID or AHCI...at least until you find out if that's the problem.

Sata Raid/AHCI Mode Disabled
Sata Port 0 3-Native port Disabled
I'm at sata 0 port on mobo.So>? How change to IDE mode..
Hmm USB keyboard function was disabled in Optmum srttings loaded

Last edited:
Well, if RAID/AHCI mode is disabled, I would think it is running in IDE mode.

Thanks folks got junk laying everywere tried everything I know to try....RMA only thing left I guess..
Steve Thanks for your crowd lending an ear..:eek:

Last edited:
Fixed--I looked at my disc MS XP had a bad spot in disc-I loaded XP using this disc..I tried another with SP1 fixed...!!!:D Guess its possible XP was loaded corrupted at first, then caught it days later on my last ditch effort...Yippee Ki aaaa near went through window few times.

Last edited:
For anyone having this issue the problems lies within memory, not so much as incompatibility as damaged. If memory if left out in the open unsealed (ESD) damage can occur. Replaced and total solid stability.

Back