New build this summer

sparky1_2007

2[H]4U
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc - Gaming, web browsing, etc etc
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? about 1200ish for the main components, monitors & vid card are already set in stone unless they release new cards within the next month
3) Where do you live? Marysville, MI
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
CPU, Ram, Mobo & case
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
PC Power & cooling 750 watt
Sony SATA DVD burner
Intel 120gb SSD
Samsung 1tb HDD

6) Will you be overclocking? yes.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have? 3x 22/23" dell u2211's/2311's
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Building
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video? etc. Nothing too fancy, just what the asus board provides me that i linked
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit? Yes, 64 bit ultimate

Well, im going to be putting together a new build here soon.

here's what im looking at with today's tech. im going to be getting it in this order:

new monitors
New graphics cards
then case & other components

Going to be getting either 3x u2211H's or 3x u2311H's depending on how much i can get them for.

step 1: Monitors: This week hopefully
U2211H

U2311H

step 2: Video card:
End of april?
HD6970
pretty dead set on the 6970, dont want to deal with the hassle of unlocking a 6950, and dont want to spend the $200 price premium on the 580.

Step 3:
Fractal R3
or
Lian-Li A04B
Not too sure on which one i want. i want the lian-li for the asthetics, or the fractal for silence/cable management

4x 4gb Gskill Sticks

still not sure about this one. i kind of want to get the 2600k, but we'll see what happens when i buy it.

Asus P67 Pro Micro ATX

Im pretty set on a Micro ATX build and asus is the only one who offers a micro ATX P67 board.

Corsair H60
i am pretty dead-set on this small WC setup for my new computer.

sick of the huge thermalright TRUE XD

as far as step 3, that's all up in the air, because i wont be ordering this part of it until the summer more than likely. so i will have some time to research some new form factors coming out (socket 2011 & bulldozer)

but other than that, i should be getting the new monitors soon.

and the new video card shortly after it.

Last edited:
Revisit this thread two or three weeks before you're ready to buy everything. Parts we recommend now may be out of stock, obsolete, or overpriced in a few months from now.

In the meanwhile, please answer the sticky questions so we can tailor our recommendations to better suit your needs.

Revisit this thread two or three weeks before you're ready to buy everything. Parts we recommend now may be out of stock, obsolete, or overpriced in a few months from now.

In the meanwhile, please answer the sticky questions so we can tailor our recommendations to better suit your needs.

Done.

What's the time frame between the three steps?

Timeframe is listed.

Monitors - next week-ish
Video card - sometime middle of april/end of april
Rest of the build - 1 piece at a time starting with memory (ddr4 isnt going to come out anytime soon, haha) spending ~$300/purchase, so memory + case, then mobo, then CPU i think.

I'm not going to quote prices since the dates are fluid, but get an XFX 6970. Also I would consider getting an MSI P67 motherboard if they have one in mATX. Asus seems to be having a few issues staying in stock at Newegg. (I'm posting on my iPod Touch otherwise I'd send some links.)

I'm not going to quote prices since the dates are fluid, but get an XFX 6970. Also I would consider getting an MSI P67 motherboard if they have one in mATX. Asus seems to be having a few issues staying in stock at Newegg. (I'm posting on my iPod Touch otherwise I'd send some links.)

yeah, i noticed that, but i've got a month or two before im going to be buying it, and i prefer asus ( they've never failed me yet) haha.

Back