New Build - Strange Behaviour

The Donut

2[H]4U
Finally finished a new build but am experiencing a weird issue.

When I power on it shuts off almost immediately and 3 seconds later comes on again by itself and boots fine.

I've changed and removed all the hardware down to the motherboard, cooler and power supply.

I changed the power supply and it does the same thing. I'm told, that some motherboards do this as normal behaviour?

I've made a quick video: https://vid.me/DyAv

Board is ASRock Extreme7+, i7-6700k and corsair 750w psu

Any ideas?

Sounds like you know what you're doing and have tested appropriately.

I bought a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H awhile back that would do the same thing. No rhyme or reason, just did.
I've got 2 other of those boards that I bought and have had no problem with them at all.

I guess what I'm saying is "it happens". Just RMA it and move on my friend.

Remove the motherboard from your case. Place it on the box it shipped in and/or a non conductive surface. This will simply eliminate a short caused by the case. If the symptoms continue then it's time to RMA the motherboard.

Remove the motherboard from your case. Place it on the box it shipped in and/or a non conductive surface. This will simply eliminate a short caused by the case. If the symptoms continue then it's time to RMA the motherboard.

If you see from the video, this is all currently stored on a rubber mat - no case.

Normal behavior. I see it all the time with the GIgabyte motherboards we use at work. Although I'm not sure if I've ever seen it happen with the higher-end AsRock motherboards.

But that's just the double-boot issue. Not a serious problem but definitely a slightly annoying one. Up to you if it's annoying enough to RMA.

I've spoken to a few people and apparnetly this is normal with a large number of boards (particular ASUS MAXIMUS boards)

The issue that concerns me is why the old power supply (Thermaltake Toughpower XT 1275W) no longer boots in the on/off/on sequence and simply gets stuck at on/off - but a new Corsair 750W power supply works fine.

The Thermaltake one was working and an hour later, was not. Unless it has some sort of protection built in and the on/off/on sequence is triggering it..

Back