New Build on a budget.

xCWolf

[H]ard|Gawd
So here is my issue. I have a 4930k A blu-ray drive a dvd drive case fans fan controller and all cabling and a 1 TB hard drive. I have a remaining budget of about $850 +/- about $50 and I'm really stuck on what components to buy from here. so If it was your build guys. what would you go for? I'm using it for casual gaming, minor video editing, and a lot of music/audio.

Fill in the Blanks

CPU: Intel i7-4930k
MoBo:
RAM:
GPU:
PSU:
Sound Card: (optional)
Case: CM HAF
HDD: 1tb 7200 rpm
SSD: OCZ vertex 60gb
ODD: 1 Blu-ray and 1 DVD Burner

Resolution as of now is 1080P with no real intention on going any higher.
Probably won't be overclocking. If I am its not something I'm super worried about at this stage in the build I can upgrade cooling later on.
As far as features onboard, RAID 0 will be a necessity for the future needs at least 4 6gbps and 4 usb 3.0 everything else I'm not too worried about as standard features on 99% of motherboard (especially X79) will cover everything I need at that point.

I will be purchasing this mostly on newegg/amazon in US over the next month.

I'm Really Interested in what the community here would do with it as I'm REALLY stuck on boards every single x79 MoBo I look at seems viable for my uses. My favorite so far is the Asus ROG iv black edition but I know every other board in the x79 lineup I could make an argument for in this build as well.

have fun gais!

Last edited:
It would help if you answered the following questions:
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
6) Will you be overclocking?
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?

Back