• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New build issues!

Manimal29

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 11, 2006
Messages
181
First off, the hardware:
GA-EP35C-DS3R 775 ATX Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz Processor
OCZ Platinum XTC Series 2GB PC-6400 DDR2 Revision 2 ram
Visiontek Radeon HD 3850 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E Video Card
Corsair HX Series 620 Watt ATX 12V Modular Power Supply

The bottom line is I have no video. I am unable to tell you what the bios rev is because I have no video. I bought the motherboard, ram, cpu and video card all brand new. I assembled the machine using proper ESD mats and straps with no issues. I powered the machine up with no monitor attached to simply verify that everything powered up. I received no post beeps of any sort. I then took the machine and attached it to a monitor and got no display. I re-checked all of my connections and tried again with the same result. At this point, I tried a different PCI-E video card. Same result. So far I have tried a EVGA 6600GT, a EVGA 6800GS, and the Visiontek HD3850 I just purchased. No video. I have tried two different monitors. Same result. I get no display at all. The power supply is a Corsair HX620 and the six pin power is connected to the video card. The hard drive is a Western Digital 74 GB Raptor that was in the machine prior to the parts upgrade and has Windows XP Pro/SP2 on it. My intent was to rebuild it with a fresh OS install once I can get video. As a last resort, I removed the ram to see if I could get any beeps from the motherboard. Sure enough on power up without ram, I got the expected beeps from the motherboard. I am at a loss and REALLY need assistance. Any and all help or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!
 
Reassemble the PC outside of the case. Have the mobo lay on the mobo box. And then jump-start it by using a screw driver to connect the two power pins. This rules out the chance of the case shorting out the video card.

Did you also make sure that the 4PIN power connector above the CPU is also connected?
 
It is a six pin connector, and yes, it is connected and has been on each card I've tried. I'm not understanding what you mean by using a screwdriver to connect the two power pins. Can you explain it in more detail for me? Thanks!
 
The two pins to short for power-up are the two pins shown in your mobo manual as On/Off on the motherboard front panel header. All that's required is instantaneous conctact - not continual shorting.

Check that all mobo power plugs are connected (some have 4-pin molex connectors on the board that are easy to miss).

Reseat all connectors.

Try to boot the board out of the case, to eliminate unintentional case-grounding.

Reset CMOS. Try only one stick of memory. Be certain that memory sticks are really fully seated - easy mistake. Disconnect all HDs and optical drives and boot to floppy start-up disk.

Hope this helps!
 
I'm still having issues. I tried one stick of ram at a time and still no video. Does anyone have any other ideas? I've made sure that everything is properly seated as well.
 
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! I feel ridiculous saying this now after all of the help, but when I originally composed this post, I put down the wrong Model # for my board! The CORRECT Model is the GA-P35-DS3R, NOT the GA-EP35-DS3R. Does anyone have anymore ideas?!
 
Back
Top