1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
A lot of multi-media. I would like to be able to record TV. Video encoding obviously. Mult-tasking ALOT. I use my computer for everything and don't really watch TV. I spend a lot of time on the net. Gaming will be secondary because all of the high end computers I have owned have been Macs so I am not used to gaming on my computer.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? 2500
3) Where do you live?
61822
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.
I will buy a HD TV which is not included in the limit above.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
I will not be re-using anything. I am sellin g my POS Apple computer and building my first REAL computer.
6) Will you be overclocking?
I am interested in overclocking.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I will be buying a 32" Panasonic Viera S1
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within the next 3 months tops.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
I am very new to hardware and am here to learn. Not sure.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit? I will use Wiin 7 64 bit
I plan on using this computer for many years to come. As the time comes I will upgrade parts when necessary. I would like to build for 'longevity' if thats possible.
I am here to LEARN and am reading now. I just would like suggestions. I have a friend that is good with computers and he has suggested this list form newegg...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129043
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152185
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150476
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139009
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226117
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103849
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118046
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167016
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.383456
Thoughts suggestions and help is much appreciated.
A lot of multi-media. I would like to be able to record TV. Video encoding obviously. Mult-tasking ALOT. I use my computer for everything and don't really watch TV. I spend a lot of time on the net. Gaming will be secondary because all of the high end computers I have owned have been Macs so I am not used to gaming on my computer.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? 2500
3) Where do you live?
61822
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.
I will buy a HD TV which is not included in the limit above.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
I will not be re-using anything. I am sellin g my POS Apple computer and building my first REAL computer.
6) Will you be overclocking?
I am interested in overclocking.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
I will be buying a 32" Panasonic Viera S1
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within the next 3 months tops.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
I am very new to hardware and am here to learn. Not sure.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit? I will use Wiin 7 64 bit
I plan on using this computer for many years to come. As the time comes I will upgrade parts when necessary. I would like to build for 'longevity' if thats possible.
I am here to LEARN and am reading now. I just would like suggestions. I have a friend that is good with computers and he has suggested this list form newegg...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129043
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152185
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150476
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139009
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226117
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103849
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118046
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167016
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.383456
Thoughts suggestions and help is much appreciated.