New Build Help

BBruins

n00b
I want to build a new computer. Ive read quite a few of the other threads so I have some idea of what I can get. The monitor I have been looking at is a 24 inch samsung at costco for about 350.00. Thanks.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc

Gaming 90%, Left for Dead, Fallout 3, SC2 etc.

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?

$1000.00

3) Where do you live?

MN
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.

Case/power supply
CPU
Motherboard
RAM
Videocard
Monitor. 24 inch Benq, Im thinking or Samsung.
Operating system

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.

I will reusing my mouse keyboard speakers and dvd/cdrom.

6) Will you be overclocking?

Yes, if needed.

7) What size monitor do you have or plan to have?
24 inch

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?

this week, next week.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.

Standard features. I dont think i want to SLi

Hardwareguru,

Do you have any other suggestions for a case and ram? They are out on newegg. I know I could look elsewhere, but youre so fast on your responses I thought I'd try. :)
Thanks.

Do you have any other suggestions for a case and ram? They are out on newegg. I know I could look elsewhere, but youre so fast on your responses I thought I'd try. :)
Thanks.

If you don't plan on overclocking past 3.6Ghz and want free shipping, I recommend this RAM:
G.Skill F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ 2 x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM - $45

Case wise, I highly highly recommend this case due to its great air cooling, layout and cable management:
Cooler Master RC-690-KKN1-GP ATX Case - $78

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
your fine with either case:p.

I personally feel with an OC monster on your hands ( I.E 8400) i would stretch the budget just a bit, to have the extra playroom, but Danny is right, if you don't want to OC THAT high or don't want or can't stretch the budget the 800 ddr2 G skill is Highly recommended.

Though if you do want to push your E8400 as high as possible, I'd recommend this RAM since it has free shipping and lower latencies:
G.Skill F2-8500 CL5D-4GBPK 2 x 2GB DDR2 1066 RAM - $60

It's all on you whether or not an extra 400Mhz to 600Mhz possible increase in speed is worth an extra $15.

Back