Hey guys, been doing a lot of research for my build. I plan on going AMD.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
This build will be based on gaming. I want to play SC2 and FPS games on high settings.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Around $1000 ($1200 max). This is including tax and shipping
3) Where do you live?
California (Near Frys and Microcenter)
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, GPU, Power Supply, Hard Drive, Optical Drive, heatsink
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Monitor, mouse, keyboard, and speakers
6) Will you be overclocking?
For now, no. But will consider it in the future.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Currently have a 17" but planning on upgrading to 24"
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within the month.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Would like to have crossfire because I will be buying another GPU in the future. I am looking for USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Yes, Win7 Professional 64 bit
This is my intial parts list. Though I am really unsure about the Motherboard and GPU atm. I chose the 5770 because of the price. Are there any other GPU's or combination of GPU's more suitable? Please suggest an appropriate MB and GPU for this build.
Case: CM Storm Sniper $99 at Frys
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD AMD 890GX $140
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE $180
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB $100
GPU: Sapphire Vapor-x 5770 $195
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TX $109
HD: Caviar Black 650GB $75
OD: Sony Optiarc Black $25
HS: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro $34
Total+Tax = 1050 ish
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
This build will be based on gaming. I want to play SC2 and FPS games on high settings.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Around $1000 ($1200 max). This is including tax and shipping
3) Where do you live?
California (Near Frys and Microcenter)
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, GPU, Power Supply, Hard Drive, Optical Drive, heatsink
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Monitor, mouse, keyboard, and speakers
6) Will you be overclocking?
For now, no. But will consider it in the future.
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Currently have a 17" but planning on upgrading to 24"
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within the month.
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Would like to have crossfire because I will be buying another GPU in the future. I am looking for USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
Yes, Win7 Professional 64 bit
This is my intial parts list. Though I am really unsure about the Motherboard and GPU atm. I chose the 5770 because of the price. Are there any other GPU's or combination of GPU's more suitable? Please suggest an appropriate MB and GPU for this build.
Case: CM Storm Sniper $99 at Frys
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD AMD 890GX $140
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE $180
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB $100
GPU: Sapphire Vapor-x 5770 $195
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TX $109
HD: Caviar Black 650GB $75
OD: Sony Optiarc Black $25
HS: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro $34
Total+Tax = 1050 ish
Last edited: