New build dosent seem to work???

Dan_Allen

n00b
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
19
Sorry if this isnt in the right place.
Im finally put togeather my first computer today. I am a total newb at any of this stuff so please excuse my ignorance.

Problem: When I start my comp, The screen stays blank and acts like it not recieving any signal from the video card. Im not shure what to do. Im using the dvi cable to go from my lcd to my video card. I can hear everything running, all the fans are running.

I have the following parts:

Dell 20" E207WFP LCD
Cooler Master Mystique 631 case
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L mobo
Intel e6550 core 2 duo cpu
Visiontek RADEON HD 3850 video card
ASUS Optical drive
G-skill 2x2gb RAM
Seagate 320gb SATA HD
Saitek Eclipse keyboard
Logitech mx518 mouse

I really dont know what Im doing wrong here, I know that the lcd works as I can run it on my laptop just fine. What should I do?

-Dan
 
Rebuild the PC outside of the case, leaving the mobo on the mobo box. Use a screwdrive to connect the two power pins in order to start it. Also, double check every connection. Make sure that power plug, especially on the video card, is fully plugged in.
 
Well, am I correct in assuming that it should make a beep? I so its not beeping. what could cause this?
 
Rebuild the PC outside of the case, leaving the mobo on the mobo box. Use a screwdrive to connect the two power pins in order to start it. Also, double check every connection. Make sure that power plug, especially on the video card, is fully plugged in.

I did this, it still isnt working.

Help please?
 
Ok guys I went a digging through the manuals and found a "ATX 12v" connecter that I left unpluged (I now have a screen :) ) . Thanks for your help so far, Im off to dig in the manuals some more to figure out how to setup the bios......
 
That's kinda important heh. Last you figured it out, hope your computer is everything you want it to be.
 
Back
Top