New Build - Anything Glaring?

fusionrs

[H]ard|Gawd
rb0Rg.jpg

I do not game at all. Strictly extreme multitasking with 4x24" monitors. Lot's of RDP sessions. Fair amount of Photoshop as well. Reliability is paramount.

Yeah, you're paying a bit too much for that graphics card. For $150, you should be able to land in a 6870. That's all from me.

Please answer the stickied "ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST!" so that we can help you better.

That system seems like overkill to me if you are only doing the tasks you have listed, remote support, general multitasking, Photoshop, etc. But if you have the cash why not i guess... I would. If you don't game at all. I would reconsider the graphics card. If your going to be doing multitasking and photoshop at 1080p across 4 monitors I would get a card that has more than 1gb of dedicated memory. The 6850 1GB might be just fine its just a thought. Also adobe applications seem to love CUDA. So if you want to get the most out of Photoshop acceleration I would probably go with an Nvidia card. I understand that it makes it harder to manage 4 monitors. I'm guessing you went with an AMD gpu for Eyefinity.

Last edited:
I'd say you are overpaying for that power supply, why do you need gold certified a bronze certified Corsair TX series will do just as good of a job since your video card isn't very high end. Also, why are you buying that case there are cheaper cases out there that do a pretty decent job of cooling, have you seen the Cooler Master HAF series there's some money to be saved here too. Finally you can get an Intel core i7 2700K which is just as good as the 3770K but it costs $30 less.

Obviously, cost is not an issue heh.

IMO tho, the motherboard and PSU seem like overkill.

Back