Hi,
I was hoping to get some advice regarding a new "budget" build. I'm hoping to start the build as soon as I feel comfortable that I've made the right choices in components. The purpose of the PC will be primarily gaming, as seen below.
Basically, I'd like opinions on the choices here and if there are any recommended tweaks.
Any suggestions are deeply appreciated.
Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153
Mobo + CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Combo...-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=3891137&SID=194r0
GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150505&cm_re=6850-_-14-150-505-_-Product
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=3891137&SID=194r0
os: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116754
HD + PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.514469
Cooler: http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-Plus/dp/B0037JT78C?tag=atmlina-20
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
*** Gaming (SC2, Cataclysm now -- anticipating Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3 down the road)
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
*** Like to stay under $1000
3) Where do you live?
*** US
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
*** Case, Mobo, CPU, GPU, RAM, OS, HD, PSU
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
*** DVD-RW Drive
6) Will you be overclocking?
*** No
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
*** 19" widescreen currently, hoping to upgrade to 22-24" later on
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
*** Would like to start ASAP
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
*** Wouldn't mind keeping SLI/Crossfire open as option for future upgrading
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
*** No
Thanks in advance!
I was hoping to get some advice regarding a new "budget" build. I'm hoping to start the build as soon as I feel comfortable that I've made the right choices in components. The purpose of the PC will be primarily gaming, as seen below.
Basically, I'd like opinions on the choices here and if there are any recommended tweaks.
Any suggestions are deeply appreciated.
Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153
Mobo + CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Combo...-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=3891137&SID=194r0
GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150505&cm_re=6850-_-14-150-505-_-Product
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=3891137&SID=194r0
os: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116754
HD + PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.514469
Cooler: http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-Plus/dp/B0037JT78C?tag=atmlina-20
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
*** Gaming (SC2, Cataclysm now -- anticipating Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3 down the road)
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
*** Like to stay under $1000
3) Where do you live?
*** US
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
*** Case, Mobo, CPU, GPU, RAM, OS, HD, PSU
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
*** DVD-RW Drive
6) Will you be overclocking?
*** No
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
*** 19" widescreen currently, hoping to upgrade to 22-24" later on
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
*** Would like to start ASAP
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
*** Wouldn't mind keeping SLI/Crossfire open as option for future upgrading
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
*** No
Thanks in advance!
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.