New Boxen Died :cry:

Dephcon

[H]ard|Gawd
I finally had gotten my NF7-S back from abit rma, i set it up with FaH and it was good, for a time. I had to turn it off to take out my video card, snice its the one i use on my workstation currently and when i turned it back on DISASTER!

The board wont post and is giving me the overheating/incorect voltages siren, so i'm gonna have to RE-RMA it :mad:

I was really looking forward to having a dedicated server for folding/storage. Looks liek its gonna be some time before thats gonna happen :(

Did you put another video card in? (are you mis-interpretting the beep codes).... most/all motherboards need a video card or intergrated video.... but I think alot of them have an option to ignore that check.....

I'm not sure what else would cause that... unless it got shocked or something?

Keep on Folding!!

well i did put on ignore, but i cant get it to do anything but make the damn siren noise. With or without the video card, i've tried without the cpu and all that and its the same thing. I know its the right beep code, i got the info from the abit forums and i've heard it before when my cpu overheated in the past

hmmm... did you shock it? doesn't take much to kill something... I've done that before... at the time, I happened to be knealing on a plastic roller mat, and I turned put my finger out to hit the power button and ZAP... I could see the spark... and my finger was a good inch away from the button..... the board never booted from that moment on... I think it was a KT7A-333... but for some reason, I think it was the abit board I had before that one.... I can't remember it's model number....

Keep on Folding!!

Bad luck Dephcon. Make sure you reset the CMOS, but it doesn't sound good. If you have extra memory, you might want to try switching it out in order to troubleshoot.

Before attempting to RMA the board again, try taking everything apart and back out of the case and put it all back in again, including a vid card. You'd be surprised how often this can fix things. It may also allow you to spy something that went wrong when you pulled the vid card out. Sometimes something gets bumped, moved or knocked out of place and you don't realize it.

I just finished trying to get it going again, no luck. I tryed with 3 diffrent PSUs and 2 video cards. no luck.

I got a responce from abit today telling me that they are going to ship me another board as soon as they get the sheet i need to fax in for repeat rma. They're shipping first and they're including a pre-paid ups return shipping thing so i'm probably only going to have to pay the 12 dollar border charge on the board they ship me which is pretty good.

Despite the fact that my frist rma board was bunk, I am really impressed with Abit's rma department. With anyluck i'll have my boxen back online friday :D

Back