New Asus 24s!!!

I haven't seen this one before.It certainly fits my budget.I need a new monitor so this may be the one.
I gotta look it up and find some more info on it

It's too bad it's only 1080p or else I would also strongly consider this monitor at this price.

More and more stuff is going to 1080 anyway. I think giving up the extra 200 pixels is worth seeing things in their proper aspect ratio.

Not sure if it's worth the $50 over the 24" Acer at Office Depot. Especially if you can find an OD coupon.

16:9 and 16:10 doesn't really matter imo. Sure you'll have black bars for 1080p content with x1200 but so what? It's not like you'll be missing any part of the image. Either one is fine.

Anyone know if there is an IPS 24" for around $100 of this price.

Well its new so its bound to drop in price fairly soon. I just picked up a 22" Samsung from Costco about a month ago for $200. Would return it if this drops to $250 and is available locally (don't like buying monitors on the net). Do Asus monitors come with a 3 year warranty?

I like how it also has HDMI so I can hook up my cable box also

just checked, yes 3 year warranty

:)

Which B&M stores carry Asus monitors?

The higher end of the two is on sale for $279 shipped today with promo code: EMCBCBBBA. I bit :cool: Will give a report on the monitor when I receive it tomorrow.

edit* J_coddy's link

I'd like to know how this compares to the BenQ G2400WD. I'm still kinda leaning towards the Benq because of the 1920x1200 display. Right now, however, the Benq is $60 more expensive.

No thanks. Those extra pixels will be missed dearly. I had to move to a 30"er because 1920x1200 wasn't enough for me.

Got my eye on this one. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the G2400WD and the 2493HM. Would like to see how this one compares

Also looking into getting the 25.5" from newegg. If anyone finds and reviews, please post!

witht eh 200 extra pixels you just have black bars.. thats not so bad.. i just need to know if this thing has audio pass through for the hdmi ports!!!!!!!!!!! i cant friggin find out anywhere!

:eek:

Cool how they look like mini theater screens.

Might consider the 24" one for Fallout 3, that game alone is somewhat an epic movie.

How's this compare?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176090&Tpk=w2408h

Take into consideration the 2ms vs 5ms, lack of DVI on the HP, but added versatile ARM, 4 usb ports. If you're on the fence, a recertified model is available at buy.com: http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=210520254&adid=17654&dcaid=17654

$200 + $19 for 2-year squaretrade warranty and you've got a hot deal.

I've looked at this monitor as well. Both monitors have 5ms GTG time. Keep in mind that "recertified" models can include dead/stuck pixels, this monitor has a glossy finish, and that it is not even in the same price range as the Asus monitors we are talking about.

The Asus is 2ms GTG. If there are bad dead or stuck pixels, I'll just have to return it. And I think it qualifies as in the same price range. HP is $200 and the Asus is $280.

a 16x9 is 1920x 1080 where as a 16x10 will be 1920 x 1200 thats what they mean by the extra 200 pixels.

btw... newegg has coupon code emcbcbbba for 279

technically it's an extra 230,000 or so.

for gaming, you might want the 16:9 rather than the 16:10 because you'll have the widescreen advantage with less pixels to run meaning slightly higher performance.

I would prefer 16:9 if everything else was the same.

But someone who edits videos or something could benefit from the x1200 since you could have a 1080p file playing and still have extra room for toolbars and stuff.

oi. i just hit the submit button on new egg.. i couldnt help myself.. i hope i made a good choice! ill let you all know once ig et it...

The model with a webcam is the higher-end version of the model linked by the OP? So they differ in more ways than having a webcam?

Back