New Antec PSUs

xXParrotXx

n00b
What exactly are these, and has anyone heard of them? Are they a replacement for the NeoPower?

"Neo HE combines the most desired features in PC power supplies with unprecedented efficiency in design. These new power supplies' energy-efficient operation reduces power consumption by up to 20% compared with traditional power supplies, saving users money. Also generating less heat, and enabling cooling with a smaller, slower, quieter fan. Active PFC circuitry further reduces impact on the power infrastructure. The result is cooler, quieter, and more environmentally friendly power."

Comes in 4 models:
NEO-HE-380
NEO-HE-430
NEO-HE-500
NEO-HE-550

You can guess what the model numbers represent...

Wanting to finish my X-Qpack system, and was wondering if I should wait towards the end of this month for one of these instead of a Neo480.

Thanks,
Parrot

Where are you seeing this? It doesn't say anything about being modular, rather, it seems to boast the model's efficiency.

Yea, where did this come from, it's not on Antec's site, unless hidden?

sn_85 said:
nothing new with multiple 12V rails. for that matter the silverstone psu's win b/c they have four rails... :(
But the efficiency, the noise output, and probably the price...

I think I'm sold. We'll see.

10/3 was the offical launch date. To my knowledge we've started shipping at least some of the models out. We haven't made them buyable on our site until we're sure all of our partners who want them have them.

AntecRep said:
10/3 was the offical launch date. To my knowledge we've started shipping at least some of the models out. We haven't made them buyable on our site until we're sure all of our partners who want them have them.
The specs are GREAT! ;)

Have you sent any out for reviews yet & if so to whom?

Grrr. Everytime I buy an antec PSU new models come out the next day. I bought a TP430, then the Neopower comes out. I buy a TPII-550 and these come out less than a week later. I would have liked to have the efficiency but oh well...

Some samples have already been sent out. I don't have that list unfortunately. I expect we'll be shipping out more samples this week and next week as well.

For the first time in a while I'm having trouble tracking down who makes an Antec unit. While my instincts tell me these have to be some kind of new Channel Well design, I can't find any matching units on theirs or Antec's UL certification page. Wonder if they went with a new source... should be able to tell when the first reviews come up ;)

I do like the specs so far, though I'm not sure what value a triple 12v 380w unit is going to have with a rather low combined rating of 28A. That 550w unit seems nice and capable though.

AntecRep : Can you tell me the length on the main ATX power cable? I have a P180 and the power cable on my S12-500 isn't long enough to allow for nice routing in my case. These new PSU's seem to be very nice...but they need to have a long enough ATX cable for me ;)

Erasmus354 said:
AntecRep : Can you tell me the length on the main ATX power cable? I have a P180 and the power cable on my S12-500 isn't long enough to allow for nice routing in my case. These new PSU's seem to be very nice...but they need to have a long enough ATX cable for me ;)

From someone who has seen one:
The ATX cable is a tad over 21" long.

Erasmus354 said:

I'm pretty sure that Antec has covered that with the P180. At least I hope so. :eek:

gman said:
Seen what? The power cable on the new Neos?

No! The PSU itself, silly! it was a reviewer from SPCR.
Full quote:
The modular cables are very cool. The ATX cable is a tad over 21" long.

The fan is quite nice, although my calibrated ears would put it closer to the low 20dBA range than 18dBA. It's real smooth sounding, no rattles, chattering or anything else like bearing noise. It's sound is quite easy to live with.

That's all I can tell you though. I don't do the PSU testing around here, and don't know if/when the guys up in the Frozen North might be doing this one. I suppose you'll just have to be patient.

seems like Antec is really pushing out some great products.

The P180, P150, now new power supplies. I love it.

I'd like to see one of these with sleeved cables though.

Are the cables going to be sleeved? I'm at a standstill in a decision among the Seasonic and PCP&C because the Seasonic is quiet and the PCP&C is sleeved....

torment said:
Are the cables going to be sleeved? I'm at a standstill in a decision among the Seasonic and PCP&C because the Seasonic is quiet and the PCP&C is sleeved....

Sleeving your own cables is not a hard thing to do, especially with a modular power supply like this Antec one. Get whatever power supply meets your power/noise requirements better than just sleeve it yourself if need be.

Spectre said:
Uh so? The neopower had a small revision a little while ago and started coming sleeved but that is about it.

I don't doubt they will have something new but those model numbers turn up a big zero for me. I have put out a couple of feelers but until one of them lets me know something or someone can give some links.........

I wasn't taking a stance on any point of view. I just saw two other posts that were related to this thread's topic.

So am i to understand that these new power supplies are sleeved, modular and have active pfc ?

dtess17 said:
So am i to understand that these new power supplies are sleeved, modular and have active pfc ?
Yes, yes, and yes. They look like fantastic PSUs on paper, they're now #1 on my PSU-wishlist, ahead of the Seasonic S12-500.

Well then...it looks as though the Neo HE 550 shall grace my new system.
Hopefully they have a reasonable price...

ahhhh i dunno these psu's are giving me a real boner right now, but i dont know whether i should wait for reviews or not, or wait for prices to drop if they will

Big Fat Duck said:
ahhhh i dunno these psu's are giving me a real boner right now, but i dont know whether i should wait for reviews or not, or wait for prices to drop if they will

Why wait the Egg has the 380 and 550 now. I just snagged a 550. Power Supplies GONE WILD, OH YEAH!! :eek:

I'd like to see it put through the Tom's Hardware stress test to see what it's made of :p

RyanVM said:
I'd like to see it put through the Tom's Hardware stress test to see what it's made of :p
From what I hear, it's not much of a stress test...

RyanVM said:

Pffftt.... I just shot coffee out of my nose. Whew!

Anyhoo.... I do like the three 12V rails. IMHO, I don't know why so many skipped from two rails to four 12V rails.

I know I'm bringing an old thread back to life, but I was wondering what the actul db rating is on these power supplies (site says 18db or so). I find as I get older, I get really annoyed by jet engine sounding cases and power supplies, and I'm considering building me a new duel core boxen that is nice and uber-quiet.

So, any Neo-HH power supply users that would offer your feedback, advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Ax

Back