New AMD Drivers Coming July 31st

The only way to fix my Frame pacing Issues was to sell my 3 7970s in tri-fire and go with 3 GTX 780 gards lol.

wow suprised they made that anouncmenet this far in advance.. 5 weeks is a long time, should just release a beta for the drivers..

Got rid of my AMD frame pacing nightmare about 8 months ago. Every ATI/AMD card I have owned turned out to be a pain in the ass.

Why all the negativity? Seems to me like they are doing the right thing by gamers. Sucks it happened in the first place, but they owned up to it and have gotten it fixed relatively quickly.

I have to say I haven't had the Pacing issue or just hasn't be that bad for me to care on the last two driver sets (Currently on Beta 13.6). In the beginning it was horrific and made me want to stab my eyes out.

Yay only 5 weeks until a fix for a problem that their competition solved 3 years ago! :p

I may actually hook up my 5870's out of curiosity just to see how it goes :)

Bah, the "June or July" timeframe really got pushed to the limit :(

I wanted to play with these sooner! WTB Beta Variant.

wow suprised they made that anouncmenet this far in advance.. 5 weeks is a long time, should just release a beta for the drivers..

my guess is they probably will and the july 31st is just the official release date for the driver. but i'll give em credit for announcing it either way.

So I can actually plug my second video card back in at some point in the future?...or just say screw it and sell them both and buy a new single one that is faster anyhow.

[L]imey;1039984580 said:
Bah, the "June or July" timeframe really got pushed to the limit :(

I wanted to play with these sooner! WTB Beta Variant.

Have you known a company that DOESN'T push releases to the very end of the window they previously announced? C'mon :)

Having to wait another month is less than ideal, sure. But they know people are waiting for them, and now they've announced not just an estimated window, but an actual specific date for the release. As for WHY they're waiting another month, who knows? Do they have a few kinks to work out, still? Are they timing it with another announcement? Are they just preparing material they can send out to sites like this one to explain exactly what's been done? Are they running a boatload of benchmark tests so they can demonstrate exactly what people can expect in terms of the performance boost? There's lots of possibilities. Let's not spend too much time griping about having to wait more and instead focus on the fact that we now HAVE a release date, and it's not really THAT far off. :)

you can fix the frame time thing by just useing radeon pro, granted you have to manually setup each game you play.

It will be nice to actually have a driver that fixes the so called frame time problem with crossfire. Personally I haven't experienced any issues with my 7950 crossfire. Then again i am usually only running 1080p at max settings and the FPS are quite high (well over 60)

Right on! And to think, I almost tore down and sold off my main machine...

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Which is why I won't buy nVidia again. Multiple generations of cards are affected by a DX bug that casues the driver to crash in many games, mostly Valve based ones. The thread about it on the Steam forums is one of the oldest, longest threads ever. nVidia is only just NOW attempting to track down the cause of the crash... 3+ years after it was first discovered.

Face it, both camps have had their issues.

Which is why I won't buy nVidia again. Multiple generations of cards are affected by a DX bug that casues the driver to crash in many games, mostly Valve based ones. The thread about it on the Steam forums is one of the oldest, longest threads ever. nVidia is only just NOW attempting to track down the cause of the crash... 3+ years after it was first discovered.

I don't argue with that. It's just my bad experiences have been with AMD.

The only way to fix my Frame pacing Issues was to sell my 3 7970s in tri-fire and go with 3 GTX 780 gards lol.

3x 7970, now 3x 780 with a 2600k? You sir seem like just the informed consumer...

7ImfDu8.png

Last edited:
3x 7970, now 3x 780 with a 2600k? You sir seem like just the informed consumer...

7ImfDu8.png

LOL like the 2600k is a bad CPU. It can easily run tri-sli with no problems.

I mean hell his 2600k is still faster then your Ivy Bridge system just because he can overclock it higher.

2600k 5ghz = 3770k 4.8ghz = 4770k = 4.6ghz performance wise (roughly).

either way I agree AMD burnt that bridge when 3x7950 were a stuttering mess.

I just thought it was steam! I mean it only took 3+ years for friends to work.

Why all the negativity? Seems to me like they are doing the right thing by gamers. Sucks it happened in the first place, but they owned up to it and have gotten it fixed relatively quickly.

7 years is pretty quickly?

LOL like the 2600k is a bad CPU. It can easily run tri-sli with no problems.

I mean hell his 2600k is still faster then your Ivy Bridge system just because he can overclock it higher.

2600k 5ghz = 3770k 4.8ghz = 4770k = 4.6ghz performance wise (roughly).

either way I agree AMD burnt that bridge when 3x7950 were a stuttering mess.

cool pcie lanes, bro.

Ahh the tweets, so funny.:D I am thinking their social media/marketing folks are on the driver team as well.

That happens to be a release date used by AMD before (HD59XX) and I feel we may see the HD89XX cards released also and why they are holding the driver.

alas my 4870x2 and second hand 5990 are long dead and simply very dead now.

as happy as i would be to have them not stuttering, i'd be damned pleased if either video card hadn't up given up & croaked after 2-3 years.

Why so long? I'd like my Cross-Fire setups to finally be usable...Playing Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit on my 5850 CFX and 6850 CFX is disappointing...my GTX460 SLI and GTS450 SLI are much better then either right now...Once this driver drops I could fire those Radeons back up again.

This shit doesn't happen with Nvidia cards. My last ATI card was an X800XT PE (or whatever the fuck), I learned my lesson.

This shit doesn't happen with Nvidia cards. My last ATI card was an X800XT PE (or whatever the fuck), I learned my lesson.

Guess you never owned a GTX 295? That one was horrible. There are issues on BOTH sides of the fence. ATI/AMD have come a long way since the days of the X800XT.

That's just what happens to front page news threads.

It's like playing smeer the... errr, ummmm, tackle the shit out of the guy with the football.

It can get ugly.

LOL please tell us more about your horrible experiences from cards that came out 9 years ago. Cause yeah that's really a good comparison.

what is this stutttering you speak off...I have never noticed it and prolly never will. My gaming experience is great with my gpus, so fuck you fanbois, here's a guy that actually has good AMD experience.

I also have a laptop with dual 260M, and a retro rig with a 260GTX. Fucking lagfest.

Last edited:
Back