new activation

Autopia

Limp Gawd
I want to buy a copy of vista, but I have 2 computers to put it on, can I just buy another act key, and where do I get it?

One copy, one computer. There is no "buying another key" since that would require buying another copy.

i don't mind paying for another key, I don't want to pay another 100. for it, something like 10 would be nice.

i don't mind paying for another key, I don't want to pay another 100. for it, something like 10 would be nice.

Not gonna happen. The key is what you paid $100 for. The DVD and quick start guide were just a bonus. (Of if you have some sort of academic access to software, you may get a free or reduced cost copy)

The key is the license to use the software and as the user above me pointed out constitutes the bulk of what you paid for. The media itself isn't worth much without the key.

The key is the license to use the software and as the user above me pointed out constitutes the bulk of what you paid for. The media itself isn't worth much without the key.

this BLOWS, 10 for 25 numbers sounds like a deal to me.

You're not buying 25 numbers. You're buying the right to legally use millions of lines of code, compiled, debugged, and packaged so that your computer will do mostly that what hell you want it to do.

When you buy "a copy of Windows" you are paying for the unique install code and the COA sticker which constitutes your proof of license. The disk installation media adds a little to the price of packaged product, but not much since manufacturing disks doesn't really cost much. (Where Microsoft makes replacement disks available they generally only cost about the $10 you mention. You've got it all arse-about backwards!)

The 'license' is what you pay for. The installation disk is merely a convenience for you. (In comparison to many other software products where you purchase the license key and then download the installation files.)

Back