Bone_Enterprise
Enter in the Rear
- Joined
- Apr 21, 2006
- Messages
- 4,423
So here is my dilemma,
I need to purchase new parts for my brothers home desktop, which is currently running a Phenom X3 (AM2+) based system, the primary use for this desktop is internet/email usage with light photo editing that his wife does.
In an attempt to get more "bang for the buck" I decided to stick again with AMD versus Intel for this build, I am trying to stay UNDER $400 including Texas sales tax for the motherboard, processor and ram.
As I would rather go forward with getting new parts versus a "new" AM2+ board and be stuck on older architecture, I plan on getting an AMD A10 7850K processor (as it is $120 at MicroCenter right now) and the motherboard to go with it, the issue I am running into is the reviews on just about every board I want to get has people plagued with not been able to get their systems to post with said processor due to older BIOS revisions not supporting the newer Kaveri based APUs.
The only known workaround is dropping a Richland based APU in the board (which of course I do not have), upgrading the BIOS then dropping the Kaveri APU back in.
Has anyone here had this experience, don't want to buy a new motherboard, processor and ram then have a non-bootable system.
The boards I am considering are (will not be purchasing from Newegg, purely just for reference):
ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+
ASUS A88X-PRO
GIGABYTE GA-G1.Sniper A88X
GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XM-D3H
Guess the question I am looking at getting answered is should I go with the AMD A10 7850K and gamble with a motherboard that may not support it due to a BIOS I will not be able to upgrade, or get a known good APU that is already supported by these boards?
If the latter is suggested which APU should I go with?
Any other boards that are recommended that would work out of box with this APU?
Sorry for rambling on, if I was not clear on some things please ask and I will clarify better if possible.
TLDR:
Want to buy AMD A10 7850K APU.
Worried that it will not work with the motherboards I am considering to buy due to BIOS issues and not having an older APU to do the BIOS upgrade with.
Need suggestions on an APU/motherboard and or just a motherboard that will work with this APU.
I need to purchase new parts for my brothers home desktop, which is currently running a Phenom X3 (AM2+) based system, the primary use for this desktop is internet/email usage with light photo editing that his wife does.
In an attempt to get more "bang for the buck" I decided to stick again with AMD versus Intel for this build, I am trying to stay UNDER $400 including Texas sales tax for the motherboard, processor and ram.
As I would rather go forward with getting new parts versus a "new" AM2+ board and be stuck on older architecture, I plan on getting an AMD A10 7850K processor (as it is $120 at MicroCenter right now) and the motherboard to go with it, the issue I am running into is the reviews on just about every board I want to get has people plagued with not been able to get their systems to post with said processor due to older BIOS revisions not supporting the newer Kaveri based APUs.
The only known workaround is dropping a Richland based APU in the board (which of course I do not have), upgrading the BIOS then dropping the Kaveri APU back in.
Has anyone here had this experience, don't want to buy a new motherboard, processor and ram then have a non-bootable system.
The boards I am considering are (will not be purchasing from Newegg, purely just for reference):
ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+
ASUS A88X-PRO
GIGABYTE GA-G1.Sniper A88X
GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XM-D3H
Guess the question I am looking at getting answered is should I go with the AMD A10 7850K and gamble with a motherboard that may not support it due to a BIOS I will not be able to upgrade, or get a known good APU that is already supported by these boards?
If the latter is suggested which APU should I go with?
Any other boards that are recommended that would work out of box with this APU?
Sorry for rambling on, if I was not clear on some things please ask and I will clarify better if possible.
TLDR:
Want to buy AMD A10 7850K APU.
Worried that it will not work with the motherboards I am considering to buy due to BIOS issues and not having an older APU to do the BIOS upgrade with.
Need suggestions on an APU/motherboard and or just a motherboard that will work with this APU.