- Joined
- Apr 15, 2005
- Messages
- 4,658
Hi. I know there's been thousands of threads like these but I've been reading them all and still would appreciate some further guidance.
My Altec MX5021's took their last breath last night so now I'm on the hunt for something to replace them with. I've been reading around and my initial choices were the AV40's, D1080 MKII or the MS40's. I've narrowed it down to the D1080's or the MS40's. I plan to add a sub later on but for now which speaker would be the better choice?
These speakers are going to be used for probably 80% Music and 20% Gaming when I don't feel like wearing my headphones for a gaming session.
I can get the D1080's for $115 from the Audio Insider and the MS40's for $130 from Amazon. Which of these two speakers would be the better buy? Obviously they are both going to run leaps and bounds around my 5021's but I'm really interested in hearing what you guys have to say.
Do I have any other 2.0 options for under $150? I was looking at M200's but they are bit more than I'd like to spend at the moment and to be honest I think they're fugly
.
Thanks for reading.
My Altec MX5021's took their last breath last night so now I'm on the hunt for something to replace them with. I've been reading around and my initial choices were the AV40's, D1080 MKII or the MS40's. I've narrowed it down to the D1080's or the MS40's. I plan to add a sub later on but for now which speaker would be the better choice?
These speakers are going to be used for probably 80% Music and 20% Gaming when I don't feel like wearing my headphones for a gaming session.
I can get the D1080's for $115 from the Audio Insider and the MS40's for $130 from Amazon. Which of these two speakers would be the better buy? Obviously they are both going to run leaps and bounds around my 5021's but I'm really interested in hearing what you guys have to say.
Do I have any other 2.0 options for under $150? I was looking at M200's but they are bit more than I'd like to spend at the moment and to be honest I think they're fugly
Thanks for reading.
Last edited: