never more an Asus mobo.

sblantipodi

2[H]4U
Ad title.
Asus completely dropped the windows 8 support for p67 motherboards.

shame on Asus for this.
my p8p67 will be my latest Asus mobo.

Why do you need asus support? It's an intel chipset...just go to intel's website for the drivers you need.

Why do you need asus support? It's an intel chipset...just go to intel's website for the drivers you need.

because with that drivers my raid0 doesn't let my PC turning off.
there is no way to turn off the PC if not forcing the power off by pressing power button for four seconds.

So why not make a thread asking for help in figuring that out instead of "I'll never buy Asus again" and giving no reason?

However, "never more an Asus mobo" does make a cool song title.

Last edited:
Buy a real hardware PCIe RAID controller. Everything else on the mobo should be autoinstalled by the Windows itself.
Asus mobos are among the best in durability and stability.
But in this industry never say never. I would have said the same for EpoX once ("I'll buy only epoxes") :) .

I can see how Asus' support for motherboards more than one year old is lacking (or is behind what it should be):

First off, you might have the old B2 stepping of the P67 chipset, with all the SATA 3.0 Gbps reliability issues. You should have RMA'd the board when you had the chance (especially since Intel issued a voluntary recall on that stepping of the 6-series chipsets).

Second, Asus' motherboards (and motherboards from some other brands) might require motherboard-brand-specific drivers for some of the components on the board. Unfortunately, for Windows 8, the SATA, audio and certain other drivers for the P67 and older chipset based motherboards on the Asus Web site are still betas.

So why not make a thread asking for help in figuring that out instead of "I'll never buy Asus again" and giving no reason?

However, "never more an Asus mobo" does make a cool song title.

because it's ridiculous that I need to open a thread to turn off my PC simply because Asus dropped the support to a sandy bridge mobo.

I can see how Asus' support for motherboards more than one year old is lacking (or is behind what it should be):

First off, you might have the old B2 stepping of the P67 chipset, with all the SATA 3.0 Gbps reliability issues. You should have RMA'd the board when you had the chance (especially since Intel issued a voluntary recall on that stepping of the 6-series chipsets).

Second, Asus' motherboards (and motherboards from some other brands) might require motherboard-brand-specific drivers for some of the components on the board. Unfortunately, for Windows 8, the SATA, audio and certain other drivers for the P67 and older chipset based motherboards on the Asus Web site are still betas.

I have the latest B3 mobo.

Ad title.
Asus completely dropped the windows 8 support for p67 motherboards.

shame on Asus for this.
my p8p67 will be my latest Asus mobo.

THat's may be because Asus think P67 chipset is too old to support.
This sucks, but..

You can always RMA the board and you will get a Z68 board in return. ;)
No more explanation needed.

because it's ridiculous that I need to open a thread to turn off my PC simply because Asus dropped the support to a sandy bridge mobo.

I have the latest B3 mobo.

But you didn't think it to be ridiculous to make a thread bitching about ASUS boards? :rolleyes:

sometimes my usb 2 doesn't start at cold boot and I need to restart the pc to get it working again.
my bluetooth led remains on also when the pc is off, there is no driver for windows 8, my PC isn't able to correctly power off due to driver problems,
P8P67 Deluxe is my last asus motherboard, it does not worth the additional money and it does not worth buying at all since it has more problem than addition when comparing it with other brands.

Both of my P67 Sabertooth and P8P67 Pro work just fine on Windows 8. Both are running raid's.

+ 1 on asus no more . they gave me a very hard time with an cooked NB rma declined it for a light scratch you could remove with ease. when they relented after several calls they sent me a defective board that wont post with more than a dual core installed (power issues not BIOS). not the company they once were.:mad:

So your motherboard works fine with Windows 7?

So the motherboard is otherwise fully functional?

That and the only thing wrong with your computer is you have to manually turn it off? Wow, I bet that is physically taxing!

What in Windows 8 do you HAVE to HAVE that windows 7 doesn't provide?

Instead of bashing ASUS, I'd most likely revert to W7 and go about my business.
or
Email the ASUS rep here in the forums for some help, he's very responsive.

I have so many ASUS boards I can't even remember them all, never had a single problem.:D

Last edited:
I would be pretty upset too, but then I wouldn't want to get bashed by the folks here.

So your motherboard works fine with Windows 7?

So the motherboard is otherwise fully functional?

That and the only thing wrong with your computer is you have to manually turn it off? Wow, I bet that is physically taxing!

What in Windows 8 do you HAVE to HAVE that windows 7 doesn't provide?

Instead of bashing ASUS, I'd most likely revert to W7 and go about my business.
or
Email the ASUS rep here in the forums for some help, he's very responsive.

I have so many ASUS boards I can't even remember them all, never had a single problem.:D

you haven't a single problem because you don't wants problems and you find workarounds to them :)

a user who say to revert to windows 7 to workaround the problem is a user that is out of topic here.
and yes, my system with windows 7 works perfectly fine.

An ASUS Plug (ps, I do NOT work for them in anyway):

My "recent" mobo history:

Striker II Extreme (got a bad rap but worked fine for me)
Rampage II Extreme (which I have had for 3 YEARS and running fine the entire time (see sig))

FYI: I run the Rampage II extreme (X58 chipset though) under Win 8 64 Bit Pro. And, like you, I run Raid 0. In fact, I run 3 x Raid0 setups in this machine. And Win 8 shuts down fine.

Have you downloaded Intel RST, the new version?

Try this:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...t=Intel®+Rapid+Storage+Technology+(Intel®+RST)

Anyway, I had this installed BEFORE I ran the Win 7 to Win 8 upgrade. So I cant say if I would have had a problem shutting down Win 8 /Raid0/Older Asus board without it RST 11.

The best thing to do is ignore this guy
This has been going on for months and months - all over the web
His previous method was if someone had posted "xyz" prob with this mobo, he would chime in and say, yeah its a crappy mobo because my bluetooth light never goes off.

He has become obsessed with this subject, and is now making his own threads on how shitty ASUS is. He will not let this go, and 6 months from now you will still be seeing him posting here with the same crappola. I really think he has a screw loose.

Any attempt at help or counsel is ignored or rejected outright - dont waste your time.
He wants everything to work flawlessly upon Win 8 install. The fact is I have several customers who run Win 8 X64 just fine on a P67 Deluxe, and even he reports that his system runs fine with Win 7!!!

Quite frankly, I am getting sick of looking at his posts everywhere i go.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...d=1&model=P8P67+DELUXE&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Since Italy is now broke, maybe they had to release him out of a taxation subsidized local Mental Hospital.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17200877

i have an asus p67 mb running raid 0 with win8. i have no problem turning my pc off.

OP, do you know how to power down a win8 pc?

To me, the real issue here is that P67 chipset does not support Windows 8 fully. That's not Asus' problem. It's the chipset maker's (Intel) problem. Oh, and it's Windows 8's (Microsoft) problem, too, because they can't write an OS that supports all chipset back to the 8088 days!

When the ASUS P67 came out it was developed with a 4MB BIOS chip which was fine at the time. With the advent of Ivy Bridge and W8 that chip really is a bit on the small size to accommodate all the extra support. I think they have done as much as they can.

ASUS sold the board to be compatible with Win7, not Win8.

I see no issue here.

A decent manufacturer should support products for 2 years at least.
If asus don't do this I don't find the reason on why pay more for asus over another brand.
Asus doesn't give any additional service over other brands, it costs more and it has one of the worst customer service I have seen.

i have found ASUS and Gigabyte to be the most reliable mobo brands around.

but we all have our own experiences that shape our opinions

A decent manufacturer should support products for 2 years at least.
If asus don't do this I don't find the reason on why pay more for asus over another brand.
Asus doesn't give any additional service over other brands, it costs more and it has one of the worst customer service I have seen.

OMG!!! What such a non-understanding person this is! The chipset support ISN'T ASUS'!!! It's Intel's! Intel makes the chipset, which isn't too well supported by Windows 8. How can anyone make it more clear than this?

OMG!!! What such a non-understanding person this is! The chipset support ISN'T ASUS'!!! It's Intel's! Intel makes the chipset, which isn't too well supported by Windows 8. How can anyone make it more clear than this?

Intel supports Windows 8 with P67, study more before insulting :)
Intel released all drivers for P67 motherboards, Asus don't.

Intel supports Windows 8 with P67, study more before insulting :)
Intel released all drivers for P67 motherboards, Asus don't.

Use Intel's driver then! All the essential components have their own driver from their respective mf'er, use them, they work the same way. I let Windows pick all my drivers from their WQL, I don't even use the driver CD from Asus. I just think you don't want to do any work, that's all. You want to be fed, literally!

Back