Network printer java issues...

Spike..

Gawd
I have an hp photosmart 2610 networked between two computers in my house, for some reason it will not allow me to print coupons that use a java platform it gives me the error message "Sorry, the current default printer is not supported.
Check Your Default Printer Press Start, Run, and type control printers and press enter. You will now see a "Printers and Faxes" window. Right-click on the printer you wish to print to and choose "Set as Default Printer." Try printing again."

If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated. I already made sure to update my printer drivers and java as well.

Did you try doing what the error message said?
Does thiis problem exhibit on one or both PCs?
Have you tried other browsers?

Print to PDF, then print to the printer.
I know its not ideal, but it will work.

Did you try doing what the error message said?
Does thiis problem exhibit on one or both PCs?
Have you tried other browsers?

This does happen on both computers, and i have tried both Firefox and IE, and yes i have followed the error codes instructions, only to get the same result.

Print to PDF, then print to the printer.
I know its not ideal, but it will work.

i just tried this as well and no such luck, same error message yet again. Im going to contact hp's tech support and see if they have any input. thanks for all of the replies so far and if anyone else has any suggestions keep em comin.

Well if printing to a pdf file doesn't work then the problem is not your printer.
It either a javascript problem with the site or your windows install is borked

Well if printing to a pdf file doesn't work then the problem is not your printer.
It either a javascript problem with the site or your windows install is borked

Thats normally what id think too but my other home comp does the same thing, and the misses can print the stuff out at work... so shouldnt be my comp or the site, i think im just going to do a ghetto cop-out fix and use usb :( damned physical effort moving printers and such

Back