Network pics thread

That HS is totally the wrong way. :)

you win some FAT FREE

cookies.jpg

HAH,

seen this ad on ebay for a supermicro server, can anyone see what is wrong with this ? ( i can )
Not only is the heat sink installed the wrong direction but IDE HDD has no cables going to it.

also it has both nic ports punched out on the back but only one is actually in use.

go back and reread my post... so much for ninja edits :p

and yeah I didn't see the sata port next to the molex connector. ( browsing hard forum on my 3 inch smartphone screen sucks :p)

yes you should. RE READ your post.

NO IDEA HDD in the box, MEANS NO NEED for ide cable.

Silly YOU!

Just bumped up my speed (there's still nothing close to FIOS in the Caribbean unfortunately :eek:)

Old Speed (5/1):

New Speed (15/2):

For some reason my ping is always slightly higher with the Untangle box. Even when running on ridiculous hardware.

what's that supermicro 1U doing :)

Fax/VOIP I believe, not my box its my wifes boss's box (wife does telecom). We just installed another 2 no name switches for 36 cameras at that location too and a 4u DVR. Pretty nice setup, I need to get the details. For that router, we of course just have an mpls going to that location. I've got some pics of some nexus 5ks im gonna post too, I'll edit this post for em. We just got them Friday and are deploying them. Cisco got our fans wrong after we told them THIS IS WHAT WE WANT for two days and they got it wrong so we gotta figure out what we are going to do with our 2k's and 5ks. Taking them apart we should be able to just get new fans from them and swap them out and send ours back

Fax/VOIP I believe, not my box its my wifes boss's box (wife does telecom). We just installed another 2 no name switches for 36 cameras at that location too and a 4u DVR. Pretty nice setup, I need to get the details. For that router, we of course just have an mpls going to that location. I've got some pics of some nexus 5ks im gonna post too, I'll edit this post for em. We just got them Friday and are deploying them. Cisco got our fans wrong after we told them THIS IS WHAT WE WANT for two days and they got it wrong so we gotta figure out what we are going to do with our 2k's and 5ks. Taking them apart we should be able to just get new fans from them and swap them out and send ours back

If you need help with fan mods just ask :)

If you need help with fan mods just ask :)

all the 2ks are brand new and the fans can be swapped pretty easy. Go check out the nexus stuff on ciscos site. They made all the stuff we use modular. I wouldn't dare try to fan mod this when its our cisco rep and his in house guy that screwed up our order despite us questioning what they thought about it.

all the 2ks are brand new and the fans can be swapped pretty easy. Go check out the nexus stuff on ciscos site. They made all the stuff we use modular. I wouldn't dare try to fan mod this when its our cisco rep and his in house guy that screwed up our order despite us questioning what they thought about it.

I have a friend that swears by his dlink router he bought long time ago, he didn't want to part with it, I moded it for him because he was loading it down, it was getting warm. Little bit of cleaning of the CPU nice heatsink and replaced the psu cap. And he was a happy camper..

yes you should. RE READ your post.

NO IDEA HDD in the box, MEANS NO NEED for ide cable.

Silly YOU!

umm, don't know what to make of that post... Regardless a tiny 3" phone screen that's zoomed in so I can see details was zoomed in too much apparently... the pins right next to the molex connector on the hard drive at first glance looked like a IDE drive... That said I think I'll look closer next time so I don't look like a goof :eek:

Moving on...
Is this guy a member here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcOTcJUh8gA
looks kinda familiar

Just bumped up my speed (there's still nothing close to FIOS in the Caribbean unfortunately :eek:)
There's no such thing as FiOS in most places. The service covers a very, very small area relative to other residential delivery technologies.

Awesome! I wish I had FIOS so I could have that many servers and host stuff from home. Most of the big expenses are one time costs so it ends up being cheaper in the long run. If I wanted to be serious I'd probably buy a piece of commercial land and build a proper building though but have to start somewhere.

ive seen that vid before... i had a big laugh. I thought last I heard he had shut down or something.

I couldn't imagine having that noise inside of my house 24/7.
Probably sounds like a big Shop Vac running even though it's inside of that closet.

I almost busted my gut when I saw all those Wal-mart power strips, extension cords, and "pro-sumer" UPS's.

AT least it's all clean and organized and works for now. the stuff he bought is probably all stuff in his budget, i'm not sure what he is doing here but maybe for learning ?

the noise level would drive me nuts. If i had all that stuff, it would be all out in the garage by it's self LOL

AT least it's all clean and organized and works for now. the stuff he bought is probably all stuff in his budget, i'm not sure what he is doing here but maybe for learning ?

the noise level would drive me nuts. If i had all that stuff, it would be all out in the garage by it's self LOL

I actually think it's done extremely well for a home environment. I do agree that the power distribution is questionable, but it's better than some client offices I've walked into.

I do have to agree that the noise has to be tremendous. I'd suggest that he line the doors with a sound deadening of some sort to at least knock off the high pitched whine.

I actually think it's done extremely well for a home environment. I do agree that the power distribution is questionable, but it's better than some client offices I've walked into.

I do have to agree that the noise has to be tremendous. I'd suggest that he line the doors with a sound deadening of some sort to at least knock off the high pitched whine.

this.

very very VERY well organized if nothing else

Been doing some work in our colo this week. Added 6 new R610's, upgraded ram and re-cabled 4 existing R610, added a new VNX.

008%20%28Small%29.JPG
015%20%28Small%29.JPG

011%20%28Small%29.JPG
013%20%28Small%29.JPG

020%20%28Small%29.JPG
021%20%28Small%29.JPG

Number of fiber runs to the meet-me room at work...excuse the quality, but my Nokia N9 isn't a DSLR and I had to do some post processing to remove certain identifying information.

12060002.jpg

Number of fiber runs to the meet-me room at work...excuse the quality, but my Nokia N9 isn't a DSLR and I had to do some post processing to remove certain identifying information.

I honestly have to say that's a FUGLY mess.. Really ? zipties and electrical wires all zip tied together ?

Not my work. Not really sure what all the extra conduit is for. All the power comes in on another side of the room and the wires there have such large gauge that they wouldn't fit. I'd show you immaculate wiring, but the other sites are quite secure (think multiple man-traps, hand-print scanners, and armed security), so can't really photograph any of that.

Back