Network pics thread

Here some pretty lights for the day :)

DSCN0173.JPG

new.jpg

Random setup for a new customer.. All redundant naturally.. (except the SA on the top)

well it is a seagate.... every seagate i have had has failed :(

If they were all pre-2011 Seagate HDDs, that's understandable.
They have picked up their game as of late though and do actually have some decent drives now.

PowerConnect 5548s.. Wonder how well those will work for them

They aren't too bad. This isn't the first pair I have in use. Same CLI as as 62xx series with a few changes.

This particular stuff is separate from our normal gear which is all currently distributed with dell 62xx series switching with our newest revision build out of cat 6506 w/ sup720's as distro.

Network job i 95% finished tonight. Need to receive the 1' patch cables & one more run very easy one..

DSCN0174.JPG

DSCN0175.JPG

DSCN0177.JPG

DSCN0178.JPG

DSCN0179.JPG

DSCN0180.JPG

DSCN0181.JPG

DSCN0182.JPG

DSCN0183.JPG

Nice work dash!
I have the same UPS powering my network rack in the basement :D

Thanks dude, I still have a few more things to clean up, i'm going to be anal about this for the client :0 other than that they are very happy :)

Do you think that 1' cables are gonna be slightly long? or is there more space there than i can see... or is it just me being my noob self :D

No, 1ft cables are just about perfect with a patch panel right above a switch. With 1U in between, they will be pretty much the perfect length.

Very nice job Dash. I wish other people took that kind of pride in their work!
Where did you get that wall mount bracket for the patch panel and switch? The extended depth would be nice for some of the installs I do.

That install with the improper rack spacing is driving me nuts.

Ockie, now that you mention it, I do notice the spacing being off, and it irks me...but otherwise I think he did a good job!

Random setup for a new customer.. All redundant naturally.. (except the SA on the top)

Nacho, how do you like the Kemp load balancers? Is that the 2200 or 2600? Also, SRX 240 and SA2500 by the looks of it?

Ockie, now that you mention it, I do notice the spacing being off, and it irks me...but otherwise I think he did a good job!

The spacing is just temporary till i get the cables in, as you can tell in one pic i just flipped the punch down backwards so i can do all the punch downs, when i'm done that ill space it perfectly. Not sure i'm going to leave a space between punch down panel & switch or not.

No, 1ft cables are just about perfect with a patch panel right above a switch. With 1U in between, they will be pretty much the perfect length.

Yup 1 footers are perfect :)

Dash, where did you get that wall mount chassis from? That is a perfect fit for somethings I need to do. Thanks.

ncix has them, and mono price too. there are 2 models, ones with the square holes and use your own t-nuts and then there is another one that you can buy with the machined holes in it.

Dash.

p.s thanks for all the positive comments guys :0

Good work- I think i'm going to hold off redoing mine till i've torn the house up a little bit more and run some more of the structured cabling into the other rooms. Things are just changing too rapidly at the moment.

Anyway- i just fit one of my Ubiquiti Aircams that was delivered yesterday. I'm liking it so far:

Link to brief blog article

Good work- I think i'm going to hold off redoing mine till i've torn the house up a little bit more and run some more of the structured cabling into the other rooms. Things are just changing too rapidly at the moment.

Anyway- i just fit one of my Ubiquiti Aircams that was delivered yesterday. I'm liking it so far:
]

Following the blog of yours now :) keep up that good work ?

BTW how much was that cam ?

WARNING!!! Quite a few pictures below. Tried to make them as small as possible for anyone on a slow connection. If I need to remove some please let me know. WARNING!!!

So I have lurked for a while and posted a cleanup I did a while back. Wanted to come in and give little update on some of the projects I have been working since moving from my old job. I'll try to include a little bit of information on every picture. If anyone wants more specific information ask away!

So what started as this:
i.ashx
i.ashx
i.ashx
i.ashx

Slowly morphed into this:
i.ashx
i.ashx
i.ashx
i.ashx

Andddd ended up looking like this:
i.ashx
i.ashx
i.ashx
i.ashx

As you can see from what we started with the wiring in that room was BAD and that's saying it lightly.

The project in question was to completely seal our server room and install the Liebert Challenger 3000 you see in the picture. We started Friday at 5:30PM and finished sometime Sunday night. That included all the work in the pictures to get the ceiling done, removing the rack and cleaning up all the wiring to make it look some what neat, and then getting everything back up and working. The reason for sealing the room was to be sure we could pass a pressure test to certify our use of the Pyro-Chem FM-200 system we have installed. This was done probably 6 months ago today.

ANNNND here are some goodies I received just these past few weeks that will be taking up my time this month:
i.ashx
i.ashx

i.ashx
i.ashx
i.ashx

Also have about 6 of these to install throughout the building:
i.ashx

Hope everyone enjoys the pictures. I didn't give specifics because this post already seems way to long. :rolleyes:

Back