Network pics thread

what about the condinsation ? I have a garage that i could put my stuff in but the car goes in and out several times a day, was worried about corrosion...

The person who owned my house before me made sort of an office in the garage. (Put a drywall partition up and made a rough room.) I was thinking of putting the gear in there, but between the hhouse and the garage is stamped concrete so I'm not sure how i can run Fiber over to it...

Fiber anyone?

IMG_0776.JPG

Superbowl 46 World Feed Compound Fiber room

What is your network provider and what speeeeeds do you have? :)

Unfortunately only about 8/1 at the moment ADSL2+ but my exchange and cabinet are in the process of being upgraded (FTTC then VDSL to the premise i think). Should then be more like 40/10. Then i need to hunt for a provider with no limits/usage caps etc

I always find it amusing when people get 2 simple switches and pretend to make it a big task setting them up. :D

I always find it amusing when people get 2 simple switches and pretend to make it a big task setting them up. :D

Maybe for them it is. Everyone has to learn somehow. I'm sure at one point it would have been for you as well.

We use ST as well (ST to LC currently), the ST connectors were put in when the fiber between the buildings was put in; at least a decade ago. It works, so we never bothered having the ends re-terminated.

Last edited:
Got our 10/10 fiber installed at one of our remote branches. :)

Here's a before shot of the 2 post pile of shit.

Here's an after shot, still not completed, but nearly there.

Off topic, but does anyone know where i can get cheap outer (rack side) rails for some HP DL360 servers? I have a client in need of some G1 and G4 rails. I had no problem finding Inner (server side) rails but finding the others at a reasonable price is proving challenging.

Off topic, but does anyone know where i can get cheap outer (rack side) rails for some HP DL360 servers? I have a client in need of some G1 and G4 rails. I had no problem finding Inner (server side) rails but finding the others at a reasonable price is proving challenging.

Search for dl145 g2 rails.... They are the same and usually cheaper;)
Or dl360 g3 are the same as g4 and g4p

I picked up this IBM S2 rack enclosure from work a couple days ago, unfortunately the 3000VA UPS at the bottom is 220V. I think we can do without our dryer though.
I have yet to install the side panels or front mesh grille.
6831031219_6bda8115bd_z.jpg

I picked up this IBM S2 rack enclosure from work a couple days ago, unfortunately the 3000VA UPS at the bottom is 220V. I think we can do without our dryer though.

Lucky SOB :p

devin, where u live at? if u need cage nuts n screws, i got some here i dont need, we can work somethin out

6831031219_6bda8115bd_z.jpg

Nice rack! :D

And running a 240v plug is not a huge deal, if you actually get to keep that UPS totally go for it.

c0d9541d.jpg

Well today is the day. Getting the point to point wifi turned up. Not happy with the SNR numbers so were going back out tomorrow to play with it some more.

Last edited:
Nice rack! :D

And running a 240v plug is not a huge deal, if you actually get to keep that UPS totally go for it.

Yep our regional network and server admins said I can keep it and any KVMs I want. There is an IBM 4 port with KVM->Cat5e adapters as well as an 8 port DLink IP KVM.

How do you like PRTG? Been poking with random monitoring stuff lately and seeing how someone likes it in production.

Netflow is limited, but works. Though I don't rely heavily on netflow, it's pretty nice. I usually deploy a remote probe and it relay's data back to my main box. It's nice because your main box can be publicity accessible by those probes behind NAT.

The interface is top notch, and the new mobile interface got an overhaul; which is much nicer. You can do quite a lot with it, I'm glad I went this route after testing a dozen or more systems. Including open source, freeware and commercial trials. PRTG was the best bang for our buck.

Netflow is limited, but works. Though I don't rely heavily on netflow, it's pretty nice. I usually deploy a remote probe and it relay's data back to my main box. It's nice because your main box can be publicity accessible by those probes behind NAT.

The interface is top notch, and the new mobile interface got an overhaul; which is much nicer. You can do quite a lot with it, I'm glad I went this route after testing a dozen or more systems. Including open source, freeware and commercial trials. PRTG was the best bang for our buck.

Cool.. I'm giving the freeware version of PRTG a shot now.. Long since needed monitor on my personal prod network anyway

DL145 G2 being the same at the G1 or G4 Dl360's?

And your right about the Dl360, totally drew a blank there.

if you can find
HP Standard 1U Universal Rail Kit
hp p/n #360332-003

it will fit
DL145 G2, G3
DL140 G3, G4, G4p
DL360 G5
DL365

Here for example are shit ones
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HP-Proliant-DL320-G3-DL360-G4-G4p-G5-DL365-DL140-145-G3-Rack-Mount-Rails-/320812629102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab1ec3c6e

Here are the GOOD ones (much nicer and fit both Square + round hole Racks)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Compaq-Fixed-Rail-Kit-DL360-G3-G2-252228-001-252231-001-/370226164736?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563332f400

;)

oh and cheaper still

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HP-310619-001-Proliant-DL360-G2-G3-Rack-Rails-/370582719561?pt=COMP_EN_Networking_Components&hash=item5648738c49

I think im going to purchase one of these :)

toc15d.jpg

15u tons of rack space for me.. this way i can keep mini ME hands out of my equipment...

Back