Network pics thread

Looks like everything is just on its side ... and the picture should be rotated 90 degrees.

yeah, sorry i was just putting up a simple pic to show how it was sitting LOL! Just planning the rack setup will take pictures tomorrow some time..

How much did that set you back?

Free for me actually, I did some work for one of the companies I s contract my networking services to.

Retail about 360$ I think. It's a awesome rack tho.

Haven't had time to migrate equipment to it yet, have been doing Dell tests all morning.

Maybe this evening...

Still researching some server cases right now....

Free for me actually, I did some work for one of the companies I s contract my networking services to.

Retail about 360$ I think. It's a awesome rack tho.

Haven't had time to migrate equipment to it yet, have been doing Dell tests all morning.

Maybe this evening...

Still researching some server cases right now....

What is this Dell training you are doing?

What do you think of it? I found it quite boring.

I know, we looked at doing the Dell certs a few years ago and the questions were so specific and just common sense, it made no sense to pursue it. Plus, at the time I believe you had to attend the class in Texas, and my boss wasn't going to go for that.

Quick list of sample questions that I googled, from what I remember, these are spot on:

1. To remove the optical drive on the ultra small Form Factor V2 when the bay is locked, you must remove the hard disk drive?

True or False.

2. There are 2 memory slots that support unbuffered non-ECC memory on the Ultra small form factor V2?

true or false.

3. To remove the cover on ultra small form factor V2 slide the lever toward the front of the chassis?

true or false.

4. The hard disk drive on the ultra small form factor V2 is located in a tray attached to the system board?

true or false.

5. The hard disk drive on the ultra small form factor V2 rotates during removal from the chassis?

true or false.

it makes me 60k plus a year :)

Yeah, but that's Canadian dollars, that doesn't count. I'm kidding of course, but I still don't believe you.

Quick list of sample questions that I googled, from what I remember, these are spot on:
What's the point of such a test? I'd rather hire someone who had enough spatial reasoning to figure this kind of thing out by inspection rather than memorizing a bunch of silly answers.

^^ dell stuff is very easy to repair etc etc they have their special ways for diag's.

However at 60k year who gives a shit :) pretty easy to do :)

This updates every 10 minutes

test.jpg

Last edited:
i want a rack in my house now!! (besides my finance's :))
Simply put: lol.

Hopefully I should have some new pictures soon. I just started a tech consulting business a couple weeks ago and I'm playing catch-up on my network while working for my clients. Some new stuff I've got is:
HP Slate 500 - Hopefully will serve as a good quick mobile computer for the more note taking and quick status/configuration tool.
Netgear UTM25 - Testing, interested in seeing how these perform in the real world
Hewlett-Packard V-M200 802.11n WAP - I enjoy the price point for N plus multiple SSIDs and VLANs.
Apple iMac 27" - Gonna make it my primary machine whenever the SSDs get off back order. 3.4Ghz Core i7 Sandy Bridge, 16GB DDR3, 1TB + 256GB SSD. I'm going to hook up my two 23" monitors to it too.

I've also added a co-located ESXi 4 server with 8GB of memory, 3.2Ghz Core i7, 1TB, 100Mb internet uplink.

Pics will be coming as I catch up.

New toy. Currently running PBX-In-A-Flash.
Specs: Atom 270, 1GB DDR2 SODIMM, 2.5HDD Front, CF Card Front, mini-PCIe under HDD, 2 - 9Pin Serial, 2 Gigabit, 4 USB, DVI, Audio. AOPEN.COM

img1218wtmk.jpg

img1220wtmk.jpg

PS-No mSata support. Tried my Intel 80GB SSD in the mini-PCIe slot.

Specs: Atom 270, 1GB DDR2 SODIMM, 2.5HDD Front, CF Card Front, mini-PCIe under HDD, 2 - 9Pin Serial, 2 Gigabit, 4 USB, DVI, Audio. AOPEN.COM

img1218wtmk.jpg

img1220wtmk.jpg

Wonder if this would run Untangle

YOU ALL KNOW I WAS GUNNA ASK!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
what are you actually doing with that setup vetman? i'm confused after i looked into pbx-in-a-flash

what are you actually doing with that setup vetman? i'm confused after i looked into pbx-in-a-flash

pbx is a voip phone system ! I use trixbox. it allows him to have a few ip phones around the house / different locations over vpn / ip and talk share conversations voicemail etc etc.

Nothing too crazy....

Moved into a new apartment, finally getting the network setup. Nice when Cat5e is run throughout the place...

Home%20Network.jpg

Glad you posted this, I just snagged one on eBay. :D

Wonder if this would run Untangle

YOU ALL KNOW I WAS GUNNA ASK!

It runs PFSense ;)

edit: Quote != edit :(

Last edited:
YOU BASTARD i was watching that, GRRR

:D I emailed them about what was damaged but I figured other [H] people would be watching so I snagged it anyway. Sorry ;) Insane price as long as everything is as described in the ad - I guess it's just missing some kind of mounting bracket but is otherwise perfect.

:D I emailed them about what was damaged but I figured other [H] people would be watching so I snagged it anyway. Sorry ;) Insane price as long as everything is as described in the ad - I guess it's just missing some kind of mounting bracket but is otherwise perfect.

oh well, ill find other goodies :)

Hope you post pics :)

New toy on the way...

package.jpg

Still about 1000km from me but hopefully it will be here by end of week. Once it passes Toronto it's usually a day, so it might pass it by end of tomorrow hopefully. Hopefully it does not pass through Concorde, if it does, it will sit there for like a week. Pretty bad when I start to know the shipping routes. LOL

Scored one of these on ebay for about 250 bucks.
http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/Discontinued-Products.cfm?MDLID=2573

Finally I will actually have console access to my server equipment. At least now if I need to do any kind of bios change I don't have to haul the server upstairs.

Nice, guess no noisy servers will be going on there though. :p But it does act as a display piece having it in the office.

My package just arrived in Concorde. DOH. Going to be there for a while I think. I guess they must have a pretty serious shipping center there. Guess the good news is it just went right through Toronto so it's one less hop.

Are there any good networking forums? I want to look at more network / self rolled untangle or pfsense boxes. Finding a good forum seems to be hard.

Probably the wrong place to post this but it seems this gets the best traffic from people that would be involved in other hardcore networking communities.

Nice, guess no noisy servers will be going on there though. :p But it does act as a display piece having it in the office.

My package just arrived in Concorde. DOH. Going to be there for a while I think. I guess they must have a pretty serious shipping center there. Guess the good news is it just went right through Toronto so it's one less hop.

I have a few servers that could be loud, but i modified them, they still run cool and 75% quieter than factory :)

Saving money for a few goodies :)

Back