• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Network issue with RoG Motherboard

PNWSGM

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 9, 2012
Messages
72
Alright so I've had this computer for it seems like forever. The motherboard is a first generation republic of gamers board and neither of the ethernet ports work, nor will it register that an ethernet cable is plugged into a PCI network card.

Installed drivers for the network card and still nothing. I have never had a computer tell me an ethernet cable isn't plugged in when it is. I installed a wifi network card and the computer doesn't even register that it's plugged in, yet the card's indicator lights are lit up.

Any ideas?
 
I m not sure it's the same case, but i 've had a mobo giving every few seconds a popup in systray saying "network cable not plugged". Turned out, the cable was faulty. I replaced it and worked again.
 
I had a pc at work lose it's network ports once, happened during a storm, guess lightning killed it. I couldn't get it to work with a pci network card either. But strangely enough a wireless usb network adapter did the trick. It was a cheap board and wasn't worth the time to troubleshoot any farther.
I ended up replacing the board in the end.

Have you switched cables, just to see if that works? Maybe even check your router/try a different port on it. I know it's probably neither of those. But just something to check anyways.
 
Back
Top