3 computers with realworld IP Addresses
realworld address 4,5,6
netmask 249

3 computers with NAT (192.168.0...) addresses
2 Wireless Laptops that use the NAT

nat address 0.1-8
netmask 255

an actiontec router that is set to both realworld addrss 3 and NAT 0.1

the realworld uses the 3 as a gateway and the nat uses the 0.1 as a gateway.

seperate they all work great over the internet.

the Issue.

I run a small webservice (website, dns, email etc..) off 1 of the 3 world computers, the 2nd real world is a slave DNS and a secondary webserver and a file server.. all small stuff (<10 users)..

i then have 3 computers that i have on NAT addresses, an HTPC, Main Computer, Secondary, Some Laptops etc..

the issue i am having is the NAT computers are not able to do something as simple as go to the website on realworld computer 1 or 2. Neither can they connect to the pop3 etc..

pinging has always worked fine.. on the file server i added a secondary 192.168.0.10 address so the file serving works great..

the question
Is there a way to fix it so the NAT can correctly see/connect to the realworld? it believe its an issue with the Actiontec modem (not the greatest of modems i'm sure).

I had an idea of buying a second router and using a 4th real world ip for it and then just routing it through that, the problem is it removes the file server from the domain (no longer shows up in Network on Vista/XP were as now it shows up)..

even if i could some how setup the file server to a secondary that would work through the back of the router into the private NAT network..

i'm sure this sounds confusing (when is networking not for the amateurs) so hopefully someone can advise...

Back