My HDD failed last week very suddenly and brutally. It made a horrible noise and shut down. I bought a new hard drive and installed it, reinstalled windows 7 64bit. Seems ok, I can load windows and all.
But the network adapter isn't detecting properly and it's not connecting. The wired connection goes from Enabled -> Identifying Network -> Network Cable unplugged constantly. It's plugged in just fine though, the cable is good. I rebooted and it still has this problem.
I tried to install a wireless adapter that I know works, and it can see networks but the passphrase is always wrong (when it is not). It lists it as an unknown device in the Device Manager and does not have Belkin in the list of driver devices that I can browse. I tried updating the drivers manually but it still didn't recognize it. Btw, this updates immediately on other computers.
In my Device Manager, it lists:
Other Devices:
---RAID Controller
---Intel(R) ICH10R LPC Interface Controller
I tried updating these drivers but my motherboard's CD is 32bit so it doesn't allow me to run it. I went to the ASUS page and I updated my BIOS to P6T Deluxe 2101 BIOS (newest), ASUS Update V7.17.06 Install Program for Windows 7 32/64bit. This went fine.. but didn't fix anything.
I think my network adapter in my motherboard is fried or something. I don't know what else to check, what else to update. I am about to buy a new motherboard because I have been working on this for days without any success.
In no order:
- I have pulled apart everything, cleared out all the dust, put it back together.
- Flashed the BIOS
- Tried wired and wireless adapters
- No firewalls are turned on (Windows firewall is the only one I have and it's off)
- Updated the software for the adapters (but it still isn't recognized in device manager)
- Rebooted the network and computer numerous times.
- Updated the Chipset
- Reset the BIOS to factory settings
How can I tell if the network adapter is fried? What else can I do?
My specs:
Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601920
CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1333C9
ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power ...
GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Belkin Wireless G Plus USB Network Adapter Mimo version 3002 and 4000
But the network adapter isn't detecting properly and it's not connecting. The wired connection goes from Enabled -> Identifying Network -> Network Cable unplugged constantly. It's plugged in just fine though, the cable is good. I rebooted and it still has this problem.
I tried to install a wireless adapter that I know works, and it can see networks but the passphrase is always wrong (when it is not). It lists it as an unknown device in the Device Manager and does not have Belkin in the list of driver devices that I can browse. I tried updating the drivers manually but it still didn't recognize it. Btw, this updates immediately on other computers.
In my Device Manager, it lists:
Other Devices:
---RAID Controller
---Intel(R) ICH10R LPC Interface Controller
I tried updating these drivers but my motherboard's CD is 32bit so it doesn't allow me to run it. I went to the ASUS page and I updated my BIOS to P6T Deluxe 2101 BIOS (newest), ASUS Update V7.17.06 Install Program for Windows 7 32/64bit. This went fine.. but didn't fix anything.
I think my network adapter in my motherboard is fried or something. I don't know what else to check, what else to update. I am about to buy a new motherboard because I have been working on this for days without any success.
In no order:
- I have pulled apart everything, cleared out all the dust, put it back together.
- Flashed the BIOS
- Tried wired and wireless adapters
- No firewalls are turned on (Windows firewall is the only one I have and it's off)
- Updated the software for the adapters (but it still isn't recognized in device manager)
- Rebooted the network and computer numerous times.
- Updated the Chipset
- Reset the BIOS to factory settings
How can I tell if the network adapter is fried? What else can I do?
My specs:
Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601920
CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1333C9
ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power ...
GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Belkin Wireless G Plus USB Network Adapter Mimo version 3002 and 4000
Last edited: