net neutrality. sup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I expect this to get screwed up. It'll end up blocking legitimate traffic shaping designed to ease congestion, or they'll use provisions for that sort of thing as loopholes to shape traffic they shouldn't.

I'd rather have better connections and more competition, and have the ability to decide with my money which ISPs are doing a good job. If we had actual choices for ISPs, I doubt any ISP would try it. If they did try it, they would suddenly be making a lot less money. Call me cynical, but I expect fancy new laws to do squat against these people known for twisting the law around. If there were a good way to directly affect their pocketbooks though, I bet they'd pay attention.

P.S. Hey AT&T, where's the symmetrical 45Mb service we already paid you $200 billion for (maybe $300 billion)? 1.5/128 DSL is not an acceptable substitution.

First off, a thread with just a link and nothing said about it is not a thread at all. If you're going to post a link, you need to actually add content of your own. The forum is for discussion, not link aggregation.

In any case, there's already a thread about this:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1453016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back