Nero LiquidTV | TiVo PC Installation Disc
12 Month Subscription to TiVo service
TV Tuner Card with A/V Cable and Antenna
TiVo PC Remote Control
IR Blaster and Receiver
FREE SHIPPING
US $199.99
US $69.99

Anyone have any recent experience with this software/hardware? Reviews up through march or April of last year are all extremely negative.

How's the picture quality? The offer is very tempting, but I'm not sure what, if anything, it brings to the table over other players (e.g. beyondTV). It's not even clear if you can watch a show while recording it or not (they say "yes", some reviewers say "no").

Apparently Frys sold it for as little as $60. I'm tempted, but a bit scared by the reviews.

I think they are trying to make you buy into TiVO service instead. I think BeyondTV would be a much better deal, no yearly tivo subscription fees.

nero software is a nightmare. i wouldn't install it if it was free.

Maximum PC gave it a 9 kick ass. it is pretty much what is says it is a tivo for your pc including remote and 1 year of tivo service (129.99 alone if you have a tivo). Where I seen the problem is digital and clear qam.depending on your cable provider little to no digital through qam

Hrmm I use a Hauppauge tuner and W7 Media Center and it seems to work very well. (yes, better than Vista's)
so ~80% of you may be interested in just the tuner, but I am not sure who's tuner they are using.

1)It looks like the Hauppauge tuner

2)Rather that just negative comments based on it being nero, anyone here have any vis a vis this piece of hardware and software?

It is the Hauppage WinTV950Q usb Tuner, and it does put TV on your computer and works as advertised.

usually when there are a BUNCH of negative comments the software sucks bud. THE SOFTWARE SUCKS.

download the demo and find out, CATCH MY DRIFT?????

usually when there are a BUNCH of negative comments the software sucks bud. THE SOFTWARE SUCKS.

download the demo and find out, CATCH MY DRIFT?????

Works fine on my laptop saving the video to a ESATA drive in a Thermaltake Blacx. Didnt work so well with a USB drive.....

It works well by all accounts, and guys this isn't the burning software (which is what everyone seems to be whining about) :p. As to the question about watching a show, depends on how many tuners you have... a single tuner (the box inlcudes one) can record one program while watching a recorded program, OR watch one live feed... two tuners can either record two shows and watch a recorded program, OR record one show while watching another live.

I just got this, last week. Works great on my laptop (MBP running Win 7 x64).

I paid $35 shipped. Nero runs a coupon deal every couple of weeks so if you check in regularly you should be able to get in on the deal.

I just got this, last week. Works great on my laptop (MBP running Win 7 x64).

I paid $35 shipped. Nero runs a coupon deal every couple of weeks so if you check in regularly you should be able to get in on the deal.

Did the same, but I can't get the HD tuner to work for the life of me. The channels keep stuttering :mad:

And regular tv just looks so shitty on my 26", for some reason.

I know this is dead, but I got in on the 30$ deal. The tuner works great in windows 7 media center, the ir blaster and remote work well too just make sure to search for the drivers in the install directory.

The question I have is that I want to use the remote with media center, which it does work kind of. Basically the up, down left right and ok work, but how do I get a back to work? Any help would be much appreciated.

As for the stuttering channels it may be reception, as I was having similar issues, but I got a 20$ hdtv antenna from frys and installed it in the attic and all is fine. antennaweb.org is great for finding where the broadcast towers are.

I just picked up one of these too. It works fine with Win 7 Media Center 64 and the WinTV works ok in XP. My OTA HD channels come in fine (plugged in to the building antenna) with no stuttering live or during playback. I've been doing a few test recordings in Media Center of one and two hours and they've all been fine. I also have a standard HD TiVo and I recorded the same show on both to compare. This USB tuner and Windows Media Center made a cleaner recording with less glitches, even though the broadcast data stream was the same.

If you're having stuttering issues it could be your antenna/reception or codec issues, assuming your CPU and GPU are up to recommended spec for HD.

The question I have is that I want to use the remote with media center, which it does work kind of. Basically the up, down left right and ok work, but how do I get a back to work? Any help would be much appreciated.
I haven't set up the remote yet, but I've read that you can map more Media Center controls with this:

http://www.eventghost.org/

remote setup instructions

Last edited:
Sure wish I'd see a post about it dropping to $35.00....I would have jumped on it.

Oh well, Tivo, life goes on without you :(

Back