Need Wisdom: Pentium G3260T adequate?

I'm finally getting ready to set up a very small HTPC to manage my digital library. The system I'll be using has a DisplayPort output capable of 1080P (but not 4K) that will be used to connect to my TV via a DP to HDMI cable. The system will have an internal 1TB HDD and also access media on my 4TB NAS. It will have 4GB DDR3 RAM. The CPU I'm planning on using is the Pentium G3260T.

My question is whether the Pentium G3260T will be capable of streaming 1080P content without stutter or other issues. Do any of you forsee issues with this type of basic setup? If the G3260T isn't adequate, the i3-4160T, 4170T, 4360T, or 4370T are what I have in mind.

Thanks for your input and insight.

Edit: forgot to mention the OS will be Win 10 initially, but I would like to look into dual boot with either OpenELEC or KodiBuntu although I haven't done enough research to know which option yet.

It will work just fine for that. Running a G3220 and it worked fine. If you run plex server and are going to be streaming to multiple devices you'll need something that has a lot better passmark score.

it will work fine.

You could get a processor 1/2 as fast that would also work fine... and be fanless :)

it will work fine.

You could get a processor 1/2 as fast that would also work fine... and be fanless :)
Fanless would be incredible. Though I'm 17ft away from my TV, so a little fan hum shouldn't bother me as long as it stays below 30db or thereabouts.

More then enough. I use dual core Pentium G from the ivy bridge era for my plex server. Will be fine

Back