need wedding video editing software pleeease

So my father got me a new camera for my wedding this weekend and recorded everything. I just go tit home and the files are a .mts

WMP plays them fine. and I think are displayed as avchd files?

Never seen this before. and google, when it comes to finding video software.. sucks.

Whats my best bet for software I can use to edit these togethor, cut out scene and insert nice scenes for changing between? As well as then output it to a dvd with a semi decent menu.

On that note. I have some 800 bloody photo's coming. any real simple ways I can drop that onto a dvd slide show for peoples dvd players?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sadly the cam cut our wedding dance in half across to cards. Still there. just want to splice it togethor.

Shawn

did you try windows movie maker? If it will open the MTS files, you can easily mess with it in very basic ways.

i havnt. i was hoping for something a little bit better. and maybe a way to convert it to a more usable and standard file format.

why everyone insists on using there own formats just dumbfounds me

but i will give it a try thanks

at a minimum you can load the files into movie maker and convert them to wmv

alright Prism destroys the video. goes blocky and jumpy.

And windows video maker wil not open the format.

I think I can convert them to a dvd iso. and I guess pull the videos out of those files.. but I'm worried that will degrade it a lot

Back