Need to solve the mystery of this Microsoft phone no. 800-642-7676

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
there seems to be all kinds of scam associated w/ this no. w/ people cr. card debited in the hundreds of $. But the no. shows it's Microsoft phone no. What's the mystery behind this?

1 person I know says the debit on her VISA says "Microsoft", so it should be a fake, but how does VISA allows VISA client under the name "Microsoft" other than the real Microsoft? And assuming it's a scam, how does the phone no. 1-800-642-7676 ends up not being the actual Microsoft who answer the call when people call?

https://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-800-642-7676

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-support/783eba18-52f9-4f5e-b09a-6efb45cc2bc8

Last edited:
Telephone caller id spoofing. It's been around for a long time.

Hells bells, I have had an old cell number spoofed and got a lot of angry people calling me back.

Yeah spammers just use a computer to make calls, and they can make the caller ID show whatever they want. Ive had spam calls show up as everything from invalid number of all zeros to once my own phone number showed up as the caller to the same number. They create those numbers to fool people into thinking it is a real phone call from that company so that it is easier to scam.

but how do these hacker make their "customer" call back the microsoft and loop back to them? if they start the phone call, and they got the $ in that call. Then they are done. But if the call takes too long, and the customer need to call back, won't the customer call back the real microsoft? how does these indian hacker rig that?

but how do these hacker make their "customer" call back the microsoft and loop back to them? if they start the phone call, and they got the $ in that call. Then they are done. But if the call takes too long, and the customer need to call back, won't the customer call back the real microsoft? how does these indian hacker rig that?
They don't.

They dont leave messages, they just keep calling back multiple times and hope to get a pickup. I usually get 3-4 calls in a row before they give up, and my phone auto blocks everything except what I let through. They still try multiple times even with the same result.

Back