Need to replace all my headphones with 1 mega pair

slayer9019

[H]ard|Gawd
Im looking for something under 100 or a tiny bit over that can handle a TON of bass while still not being boomy.

Also i already own all the Skull Candy phones (and dont really like em that much at all)

i was thinking Grodo but idk cause idk if they can handle the bass i want... (i will eventually get them anyway)

I would recommend the Audio Technica ATH-AD700, not sure if its the greatest headphones for a bass head, but the reviews are solid on it. I'm thinking about picking one up in the near future.

I would never recommend an AT open can for a bass head, they completely lack any kind of visceral impact and low frequency extension is imo subpar. I'd open my budget up a bit and try to find a used pair of Beyerdynamic DT770s for around $130.

DT-770 Pro 80 via eBay. closed, lots of bass, comfortable, built like a tank. these cans are known for excellent low frequency response at an affordable price.

How about a low-end Sennheiser cans? Its quality is competitive and u wouldn'r regret to have one...

all nice suggestions; thanks!

any of these require amp?

I have the DT-770 Pro (80 ohm).

You can use it without an amp, but it really depends on the strength of your headphone output. I highly recommend an amp with these headphones; even something cheap like an eBay C-MOY amp will be better over an unamped output.

I have sennheiser px100 before, it's not expensive and worth its price and even beat a lot of headphones just around $100~150 price mark.

I have sennheiser px100 before, it's not expensive and worth its price and even beat a lot of headphones just around $100~150 price mark.

Like what? PX100's are alright but aren't good as a $100-150 headphone. Plus, the OP is looking for a circumaural model, not a supraural.

i used a yamaha rx-v365 receiver with my DT-770 pro 80 cans. i find the setup to work very well.

ht omega striker -> SPDIF -> receiver -> DT-770 Pro 80

Audiotechnica M50. Plenty of bass (more boom than punch though), without getting too too overpowering. A little like the BeyerD DT770 with less sibilance, smaller sized, and (trans)portable.

Doesn't really require an amp.

The DT770 Pro does win on build quality though. You can't compete against metal housing + headband, thick padding up top, and nice big velour earpads.

I'm liking the DT-770 pro 80's so far. They are a bit pricy for me at the moment considering everything else im doing...

Should I get good cans or 2 floor tower speakers (thinking polk or BSI America)

JVC HA-RX900

Should be around $60, nice thumpin bass. A little bit boomy, but in a good way. They little brother, HA-RX700, is more clear, but less bass sound.

JVC HA-RX900

Should be around $60, nice thumpin bass. A little bit boomy, but in a good way. They little brother, HA-RX700, is more clear, but less bass sound.

Yes, I have the RX700. Great headphones, however I suggest the foam mod. Really helps both sets. They are massive, not exactly great for carrying around using in public, however I still do. :D The cord is also around 12 feet long. I can get up from my desk and walk out into the hallway with them still plugged in. Also I use them with my Ipod with the Fii0 5 headphone amp. Still doesn't seem to have enough juice compared to my stereo.

Anyways, get either the RX900's or RX700's. From what I have read from other sites, they sound very similar. RX700's cost $34 for me off of amazon.

look up the Sony MDR-V700

They cost about $80 on amazon - half price now and they are the best sounding bass headphones I've ever heard and that's comparing them to Sennheiser HD-600', HD-580's, HD-535's, Denon Headphones, and and Grado SR-225, SR125's, SR-80's. I owned all of these - they all have their strengths - but NOTHING compares to those Sony DJ headphones for bass, and the clarity is pretty darn good on them too. If you like top 20 type music - they are my strongest recommendation. You can find me recommend them in about every single headphone thread I find on here. DON'T buy them on ebay for $25 - they are cheap chinese rip offs that look like the real thing. Only buy them from a real store- like sony style for $150, or Amazon for $80.

Back