Need Suggestions for mATX build

Krazy925

Supreme [H]ardness
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc -Gaming, specifically Dota 2 at 4k in April. Also bf4, and rotate new games all the time (Dota 2 is constant but doesn't require that much horsepower).
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included? My budget is flexible (over $750)
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible. I live in Danville, CA No local microcenter
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need. I need PSU, Case, motherboard (s2011)
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.

Intel 3930k
GTX 780 SC ACX Cooler (Will be SLIing once I build custom loop)
32 gigs of 1866 ram
Samsung 840 500gb
2x WD Green 2 TB Spinners

6) Will you be overclocking? Yes
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it? 1440p +1080p currently upgrading to 4k around April
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC? This week
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc. USB 3.0, SATA 6b/s, RAID, SLI,
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit? I have windows 7 pro

For this computer I want to retrofit it into a smaller case. Basically I want to take all the components I have and put it all into a mATX case. I have been drooling over the CaseLabs Mercury s5 and am sold, and have almost sold the girlfriend (I am downgrading from my super massive death star sized Cosmos 2 for her).

So my specific needs for a case would be one that I could cleanly install a custom water cooling loop that would have enough cooling for 2x gtx 780s and a 3930k.

My choice for a motherboard would be s2011 mATX. Just making sure there is consensus here as to going with Rampage IV Gene. I didn't see anything else that looked as nice as it, for this smaller size.

For my Power Supply I was thinking about the Corsair AX760 or AX860 with single sleeved cables. I really don't have any preference but want to be able to purchase a single sleeve kit for it. That is my main preference for a PSU other than it can push two gtx 780s and a 3930k.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Kinda seems like a downgrade going with Rampage IV Gene with its 4 RAM slots. BUt it's the only 2011 mATX mobo available and if you really want mATX, that's going to be your best bet.

As for the PSU, go for the AX860 to be on the safe side.

Kinda seems like a downgrade going with Rampage IV Gene with its 4 RAM slots. BUt it's the only 2011 mATX mobo available and if you really want mATX, that's going to be your best bet.

As for the PSU, go for the AX860 to be on the safe side.

I know, but I'm losing my gaming room so I'm guilting her into letting me do a few different things I've wanted to for a while. I just have to go small, and mATX is the smallest you can go on s2011.
AX860 should give me plenty of room for over clocking correct?

I know, but I'm losing my gaming room so I'm guilting her into letting me do a few different things I've wanted to for a while. I just have to go small, and mATX is the smallest you can go on s2011.
AX860 should give me plenty of room for over clocking correct?

Yes

Back