• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

need suggestions buying next week

Well what are you looking for in a mobo? RAID? more than 4 SATA ports? Overclock ability? We can help you narrow it down if you told us what you were looking for in a mobo. But here are some suggestions:
Abit IP35-E Intel P35 Motherboard - $91
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L Intel P35 Motherboard - $95
MSI P6N SLI-FI nForce 650i Motherboard - $107
Abit IP35 Intel P35 Motherboard Motherboard - $124
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R Intel P35 Motherboard - $130
Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R mATX Motherboard - $135
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 Intel P35 Motherboard - $170
Abit IP35 Pro Intel P35 Motherboard - $179

Also ditch the IDE burner and go with an SATA burner for a cleaner case:
Samsung SH-203B 20X DVD±R SATA DVD Burner - $32

Also, you can get the PSU for cheaper:
Corsair HX620 620W PSU - $147

For overclocking the Q6600, you do not need Ballistix RAM. And cheap set of DDR2 800 RAM will do:
G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ 2 x 1GB DDR2 800 RAM - $66

You can see why only DDR2 800 RAM is needed here:
Q6600:
9 x 266Mhz, DDR2 533 RAM = 2.4Ghz <== Stock Speeds
9 x 333Mhz, DDR2 667 RAM = 3.0Ghz <== Good OC
9 x 400Mhz, DDR2 800 RAM = 3.6Ghz <== Excellent OC, About the max OC with the Q6600.

Ditch the Zalman HSF as well. There are much better HSF for the price. Any of the following either perform about the same or better than the Zalman HSF:
Scythe SCNJ-1100P Ninja HSF - $36
Tuniq Tower 120 HSF - $45
Thermalright Ultima-90 HSF - $46 & Panaflo FBA09A12M 92mm Fan - $3

In addition, that Barracuda drive has been deactivated. This WD drive is a close alternative:
Western Digital WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - $75

Oh and one final note: Don't yell in your thread title. And try to be a bit informative next time when you post on any forum. It's a bit rude to just pop in here and just demand recommendations without a bit of information about what you want or need.
 
Im not going to be sli'ing so I just need a good motherboard for an overclock to about 3.0 - 3.3GHz and im switching to the Tuniq Tower. My Antec 900 has four SATA cords for the front audio, mic and usb ports, then it has 4 little plugs for the power and restart buttons.
 
Well? And those SATA cords you mentioned aren't SATA. Those are just front panel LEDs. Forget the official name for them though
 
well my case has 4 sata plugs so i think the tuniq tower needs one so i need like 5


danny do you have ventrilo so i can talk to you...or teamspeak, aim xfire..
 
Ok, something tells me that you have no idea WTF I'm talking about.

SATA ports/connections are only for hard drives and CD drives, not a HSF. The front ports in front of your PC are not SATA either. Those are just Audio and USBports.
 
Ok I think I'll make an exception and let you contact me via AIM since I think you may be in over your head with this PC: dangmanZero
 
lol dude im sorry but do you have aim so i can firgure this shit out
 
Please dont buy the 320 its just a waste truthfully seriously lol get the 640 you'll feel bad after buying the 320. Unlessur buying it then going to upgrade i would strongly disagree with it.
 
Please dont buy the 320 its just a waste truthfully seriously lol get the 640 you'll feel bad after buying the 320. Unlessur buying it then going to upgrade i would strongly disagree with it.

Heh, and I was like, "whats wrong with the 320GB?" cuz I read Danny's comment about it being deactivated, lol.

Anyhow, I agree with Danny's suggestions. Brahim's vidcard suggestion is something to think about.
 
Money wise the 320GB is cheaper, you can get them for $75 at ClubIT, and I don't see a need for more than 300GB at this time as I can barely use up 200GB.. :p
 
im talking about the 320 mg 8800gts guys not the hard drive lol i dont use more than 50 g lol and i have a 320 g HARD DRIVE lol Please dont get the 320 g VIDEO CARD WASTE OF MONEY get the stock 8800gts 640 and oc it ! Im a noooooob ive never oc once in my whole entire life and i read some online guide and it was the simplest thing ever !

PLEASE TAKE MY ADVISE
 
Im going to be playing on 1280x1024

I mostly will be playing CS:S
But i want to be able to play dx10 at high setting with atleast 50fps constant.
I can always upgrade my gpu when the 9 series comes out but for now i think the gts 320 is fine for me...i dont want to spend like 50 bucks more for a card that doesnt do much better than the 320mb on the resolution i play on.


So how well do you think crysis will run on this set up, i heard it will run better when the full game comes out.
 
Im going to be playing on 1280x1024

I mostly will be playing CS:S
But i want to be able to play dx10 at high setting with atleast 50fps constant.
I can always upgrade my gpu when the 9 series comes out but for now i think the gts 320 is fine for me...i dont want to spend like 50 bucks more for a card that doesnt do much better than the 320mb on the resolution i play on.


So how well do you think crysis will run on this set up, i heard it will run better when the full game comes out.

Reconmmended specs for Crysis state a 8800GTS 640, so you might want to consider it. I doubt it should make a major difference at 1280x1024 though.
Source
 
I also heard that when the 8800gt comes out it will replace the 8800gts 320mb. So if i dont order it by the time the gt comes out how does the gt compare to the gts 320?
 
Really? Man I'm out of date on the rumor mills. Last I heard, the GT was somewhere between the 8800GTS 320MB and 8600GTS
 
Really? Man I'm out of date on the rumor mills. Last I heard, the GT was somewhere between the 8800GTS 320MB and 8600GTS

Maybe I read wrong... you know the 6's and 8's look very similar... and with my eyes at the end of the day... lol.
 
Maybe I read wrong... you know the 6's and 8's look very similar... and with my eyes at the end of the day... lol.

Eh, who knows? Rumors change all the time. Also, thats what you get for being old, :)
 
Back
Top